The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

I'm hoping to go but it depends when in October it is because we're going to Canada that month. Between that and my daughter's birthday at the start of November, I'll be lucky to have any money left to buy tickets. I'll have to start hammering the overtime :(

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hunt is doing my head in actually. 

I've got no problem with what he's actually saying, if it not for saying before the fight that Lesnar was from his own quote "juiced to the gills".

His actual full quote was "I think he's juiced to the gills - and I still think I'm going to knock him out". 

On top of that he was fully aware Lesnar didn't have to undertake the USADA 4 month pre testing to receive clearance as well. He never had to sign the bout agreement, yet he did, and happily took the big money that they were offering for the fight. 

It's only because he lost he's bitching about the situation. Where was he when Frank Mir failed his test after their last fight? He didn't care because he won. Now that he lost he's pissed off with no leg to stand on. 

• Paid Members

As amusing as this Hunt rant is, it's not as if every top UFC star is p!ssing hot and those who are going unpunished

Neither Jones or Lesnar are being fined by the UFC for failing their drug tests. That means as far as the UFC & their other employees are concerned, they're 100% going unpunished.

If the UFC put up a rule where by if you fail a drug test your whole fight purse is given to the other fighter it would help. Probably stop a few dickheads like Brock.

I don't blame Hunt he has every right to be pissed tbh. Its his health and well being on the line.

• Paid Members

It's pretty impossible to not be on Hunt's side and see why he's livid with how this went down, seeing as he was in there fighting someone so intent on cheating, particularly as he rocked up with an injury. I'd be calling even my dear old Mum a "cunt" if I saw how the Lesnar thing went down and I was the one that got my faced smashed in against an enhanced man tank.

• Paid Members

Imagine if a UFC fighter had been on that show and called someone a "black piece of shit" rather than a "white piece of shit"?

thats the first thing i thought when i read it.

• Paid Members

Aside from the 'white piece of shit' comment, I found that outburst quite hilarious. Especially the way he said 'you scummy cunts' and the 'motherfuckers' right at the end creased me. That's the most emotion I've heard out of Hunt, ever.

But yeah, the 'white piece of shit' part was stupid and unnecessary. I don't think he's racist (his fucking wife is white for one), I just think he's a bit dense and has a weird way of expressing himself verbally. I remember one interview, or it might've been in his book, where he referred to himself as 'just a little black monkey from Samoa' or something. He's a weird fucker, Hunt, and not the sharpest spoon in the drawer. But I think he's not a bad guy. Temper's just got the better of him there, I think.

Yeah, I'm not saying he meant anything by it, I'm just pointing out how different the reaction would likely have been had he been talking about a black fighter and used the term "black" instead of white. 

There'd have been uproar.

Archived