The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

The coaches selection still baffles me on this. The clear number's 2 & 3 in the division coaching and trying to better fighters who will ultimately be their competition? Idiotic if you ask me.

I've got no problem with the format though.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there going for the 3-4am start for the bisping henderson fight

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2016/7/19/12187864/michael-bisping-eager-to-fight-a-post-trt-dan-henderson-on-even?client=safari#

Do you have a preference on venue? In other words, if it doesn't happen in Manchester, would it happen in another city in England?

MB: What I'm lead to believe - and again, I can't confirm this - is that the fight will be happening in the UK. It will be a pay-per-view event and we will be doing it around 4 o'clock in the morning to cater to the U.S. audience.

Ricky Hatton fought a boxer called Kostya Tszyu back in the day and that was at the Manchester Evening News Arena. I think it was the same idea then. They did it for the American audience. The Manchester people, they don't mind staying up late and drinking plenty of booze.

The arena was sold out. It was a great atmosphere. I think we're going to do something similar in Manchester for the fight against Henderson. As I said, it will be a pay-per-view and I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be crazy.

• Paid Members

Ricky Hatton fought a boxer called Kostya Tszyu back in the day and that was at the Manchester Evening News Arena. I think it was the same idea then. They did it for the American audience. The Manchester people, they don't mind staying up late filled with cocaine

I'm well up for seeing Bisping fight in Manchester again but I don't know if I've got the bus fare for a 4am main event.

WME-IMG might be going public when they finalise the UFC deal, so the UFC will have to open the books a little but they obviously represent hundreds of businesses, so it won't be like the WWE going public and all the conference calls only talk about WWE.

• Paid Members

The coaches selection still baffles me on this. The clear number's 2 & 3 in the division coaching and trying to better fighters who will ultimately be their competition? Idiotic if you ask me.

I've got no problem with the format though.

yeh its strange but i think the division needs to be shaken up. You're likely looking at Johnson vs. the TUF winner, then the winner of Benavidez/Cejudo facing the winner of title fight. Just creates a little intrigue and possible rivalries down the line i guess.

Isn't the big issue with Connor fighting over in Ireland due to being unable to do events at silly o'clock. Won't the same issues just play out in Manc. I know it's happened years ago but the onslaught of health and safety/other bs?

• Paid Members

Isn't the big issue with Connor fighting over in Ireland due to being unable to do events at silly o'clock. Won't the same issues just play out in Manc. I know it's happened years ago but the onslaught of health and safety/other bs?

Nope. They were planning on doing it outside in Ireland as the O2 Arena in Dublin is tiny hence the licence issue. The Manchester Arena is the biggest indoor arena in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36845024

Haven't seen this mentioned yet....

This actually feels more believable than McGregor/Mayweather because Khan doesn't really have the drawing power anymore and is probably looking for a big payday/attention.

Where the idea of Mayweather/Mcgregor would be a big political headache this fight fight looks like it could be fun

• Paid Members

Chad Mendes just got banned for 2 years - testing positive for PED

Fuuuuck. He was at a bit of a dead end anyway. The last thing he needed ...

Who's next? I call RDA.

Urijah Faber was saying recently he just started using supplements as he's even busier now With Alpha Male, I can actually believe him, his family are more or less hippies, he got all his nutrients from food.

Mike Dolce was saying the same thing, a healthy diet is better for you than taking supplements but Dolce was probably out looking for more work.

Obviously with training, there isn't much time to prepare meals that tick all the dietary needs, for most fighters.

Archived