The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was coming in here to post about that. Here's an eye witness account...

Hairdresser Andrea McCullough said: “It was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

“His friends were running after him and trying to restrain him on the floor but he managed to break free and was running in and around all the cars.

“He wasn’t trying to harm anybody but himself. He was covered from head to toe in blood.

Unconfirmed reports said he had been travelling in a car with some friends but jumped out of the car, a Ford Focus, and ran towards oncoming traffic.

He must have some serious mental issues. Poor bloke. Always liked Etim. Seen him fight a few times live at different UFCs. His quick submission at UFC 138 over Edward Faaloloto being the highlight. It was the main card opener and I remember the place came unglued when it ended so fast. Live it was up there with the loudest crowd reactions I've ever heard. He always seemed a good guy to me.

You don't want to jump to conclusions but when you hear a story like that you think have concussions played a part here? He's been fighting a good few years, sparring etc. And he was on the wrong end of one of the most brutal one shot KOs ever in the Barboza fight.

Hopefully he'll pull through this and get some help.

• Paid Members

Thought it was typical Chael bollocks at first when i read quotes but has anyone heard his recent podcast where he talks about Tito verbally tapping in his recent fight? It might be bollocks, but Chael cuts one of his best promo's in years talking about it, it doesn't come with that cliche type delivery that we've become used to either, he comes off as a little angry about it.

Try tracking down the actual interview, the written quotes dont really do it justice.

Side note but Chael's actual podcast has improved a lot. He's got a co-host now and he's toned back the schtick, a much better listen.

Maybe it's because Chael has cried wolf too often, or maybe it's because I am cynical so and so, but I perceived it as being standard Sonnen. There was still a lot of grandstanding in there. Like calling Tito the "worst fighter in the sport" He was more aggressive than usual, but he used to have a tone when slagging off Fedor's run in Pride. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, its probably complete bollocks but it was the first time in a while where ive actually been intrigued by what Chael was saying, felt like there was a little more weight behind it than his usual rubbish.

• Paid Members

Nothing official yet but it's looking like these two fights are being lined up...

Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chiesa at UFC 210 - April in Buffalo, NY

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Claudia Gadelha at UFC 212 - June in Brazil

Fucking love the sound of both fights. I hope they both happen. Nice to see Chiesa get a big name as well. He's been having undercard corkers for years now.

• Paid Members

You know how we were all not feeling Cub Swanson vs Artem Lobov as the main event of UFC Nashville? Looks like the UFC agreed. Demian Maia vs Jorge Masvidal is in the works as the new headliner according to Bloody Elbow and various other sites. Love that fight and it's a much much better fit as main event.

• Paid Members

Its weird because it almost feels like Doo Hoo Choi was the real winner of the Swanson/Choi fight, he seems to be getting lined up for the bigger fight next. Felt the same after the famous Leonard Garcia/Korean Zombie fight (1st one), i think people forget that The Zombie actually lost that fight.

Archived