The Natural

The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

For a change I can actually see the sense in what he's doing. If Cain is a shot fighter there's a better than average chance he'll be out with another injury before long, and if that's the case why not rebuild a potential star off him?

And if Cain is back and good as ever, then a win against big Frank will catapult him into the title picture again in a hurry. 

Why do people always assume Dana makes the bookings?

What are Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard doing if Dana is booking the fights ...

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

What are Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard doing if Dana is booking the fights ...

They're running their ideas past Dana I'd imagine. If you think he doesn't have final say on who fights who then I don't know what to tell you.

42 minutes ago, David said:

They're running their ideas past Dana I'd imagine. If you think he doesn't have final say on who fights who then I don't know what to tell you.

Just asking, boss.

I assumed Dana would have a hand in the main events (especially heavyweights) and any fights for big up-and-comers but the rest of the cards would be filled out but Shelby and Maynard before Dana signs off. 

10 hours ago, Chunk said:

Just asking, boss.

I assumed Dana would have a hand in the main events (especially heavyweights) and any fights for big up-and-comers but the rest of the cards would be filled out but Shelby and Maynard before Dana signs off. 

Yeah, that sounds about right.