The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

59 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I forgot all about VanZant’s backstory as well. Even worse. Why are they even getting in bed with this Greg Hardy cunt anyway? They’re alright with beating women now? I remember the days when they used to cut all ties with the likes of Thiago Silva and Josh Grispi. Now they’re all up this cretin’s arse who from what I’ve read shows no regret or remorse. He doesn’t give a shit. I hope they feed him to fucking Francis Ngannou and he gets hurt badly. 

Yet nobody gave a fuck when Floyd Mayweather a multiple time offender worked with the UFC and has apparently received offers from them this year or convicted rapist Mike Tyson, hangs out on TUF and gets interviewed and ringside tickets, both are top quality athletes so noone cared and apparently this guy is also a great athlete (not best of a generation like Tyson or Mayweather) but probably a better athlete than most of the top 10 because the HW division is weak as fuck

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Another fucked up story that I didn’t see posted on here - I only learned of it myself the other day - was Abdul Razak Alhassan being indicted for the rape of two women in the same night. The incident reportedly happened back in March but all the articles are from September and I never heard about it at all until a few days back. So I think it’s largely gone under the radar. Horrific story. 

Alhassan was a guy I was really becoming a fan of and thought he came across really likeable in interviews and stuff. Just goes to show we think we know these guys because we see them all the time following the sport closely, but in truth we know so little. Mad to think that when he was KOing Niko Price at UFC 228 in September and we were all loving him, this story was lurking and we were none the wiser. 

Had anyone heard this story or did I just completely miss it? 

Here’s an article from Junkie on it;

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/ufc-abdul-razak-alhassan-alleged-sexual-assault-as-bouncer/amp

Mad how it’s got so little coverage considering the seriousness of it.

Yes he got his tag removed by a court to help his training, he's out on bail they could have cut him but he's denying the charge and it's going to court, he'll get much longer sentence if he doesn't plead guilty but he may be innocent who the hell knows and that should be up to the court to decide.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Another fucked up story that I didn’t see posted on here - I only learned of it myself the other day - was Abdul Razak Alhassan being indicted for the rape of two women in the same night. The incident reportedly happened back in March but all the articles are from September and I never heard about it at all until a few days back. So I think it’s largely gone under the radar. Horrific story. 

Alhassan was a guy I was really becoming a fan of and thought he came across really likeable in interviews and stuff. Just goes to show we think we know these guys because we see them all the time following the sport closely, but in truth we know so little. Mad to think that when he was KOing Niko Price at UFC 228 in September and we were all loving him, this story was lurking and we were none the wiser. 

Had anyone heard this story or did I just completely miss it? 

Here’s an article from Junkie on it;

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/ufc-abdul-razak-alhassan-alleged-sexual-assault-as-bouncer/amp

Mad how it’s got so little coverage considering the seriousness of it.

I remember reading about it at the time, but never got around to making a post about it. I think I read an article on my tea break and it slipped my mind after work. The description of what he is said to have done was absolutely horrific, it was difficult to finish reading the story I read, I know that much. From what I've noticed, the UFC didn't comment on it at any point and it looks like nobody really pressed them for comment either. 

That's meant to have been the same at the press events this week too. There was a directive to the press that attended that they couldn't ask any questions that weren't concerning the fights for this weekend. 

As for what mole is saying about Tyson and Floyd, I think plenty of people made a fuss about the pair of them being scumbags, it's just the people that care are in the minority. A lot of posters on here have commented on their disdain for both Tyson and Mayweather. 

• Paid Members

Re- Mayweather - Loads of people gave a fuck. Just not the people who stand to make money off him. Every time Mayweather fights people are talking about his cuntery. I’ve brought it up constantly on here. I give a massive fuck and I’m sure many do. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, the_mole said:

Yes he got his tag removed by a court to help his training, he's out on bail they could have cut him but he's denying the charge and it's going to court, he'll get much longer sentence if he doesn't plead guilty but he may be innocent who the hell knows and that should be up to the court to decide.

From what I read, the perpetrator left a used condom at the scene. If it was him, then the evidence is there. I can't imagine it's gotten this far, with that kind of evidence, if that condom had DNA belonging to somebody else. 

24 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

From what I read, the perpetrator left a used condom at the scene. If it was him, then the evidence is there. I can't imagine it's gotten this far, with that kind of evidence, if that condom had DNA belonging to somebody else. 

Yeah if he did it he's fucked, I may be wrong but I think he said it was consensual so that may be his defense, at least I think I remember reading that. I can't remember ever seeing the guy fight probably have as Wand said he beat Niko Price so I know of at least one of his opponent's but never seen his wiki page or anything, just the story in one if the MMA websites a few months back. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

Add this to the list of dodgy things about Khabib. It sounds like he would fit right in, over there in Saudi Arabia, with these views. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/mma/article-6466893/amp/UFC-ace-Khabib-gives-sexist-answer-women-seeking-advice-getting-fighting-industry.html

Colour me completely unsurprised.

4 hours ago, the_mole said:

Yet nobody gave a fuck when Floyd Mayweather a multiple time offender worked with the UFC and has apparently received offers from them this year or convicted rapist Mike Tyson, hangs out on TUF and gets interviewed and ringside tickets, both are top quality athletes so noone cared and apparently this guy is also a great athlete (not best of a generation like Tyson or Mayweather) but probably a better athlete than most of the top 10 because the HW division is weak as fuck

I saw a clip from Rogans podcast where he was discussing Mike Tyson with a female guest. Where he just casually said he though Tyson was innocent of rape "because she accused someone else" and the woman was like ok and took his word. Would not surprise me if Dana thought the same shit.

45 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I saw a clip from Rogans podcast where he was discussing Mike Tyson with a female guest. Where he just casually said he though Tyson was innocent of rape "because she accused someone else" and the woman was like ok and took his word. Would not surprise me if Dana thought the same shit.

Yeah plenty of people seem to think that, he was still convicted and then after did some really thuggish things, In fairness to Tyson he does seem more normal of a guy than the monster he was /tried to portray to the public, I know he lost a young daughter a while back that probably puts things in perspective now he's seen as just a bit wacky guy who was a killer in his late 80's prime, with the shit he did in the 90's/early 00's wiped out

• Paid Members

It's bizarre how people want to believe that Tyson is innocent. He was convicted. You can admire him as a phenomenal boxer, fine, and he has served his sentence. Do we forget his crime though?

Rogan did a podcast with Teddy Atlas not that long ago. They cover Tyson in that show. I'm not much of a fan of boxing or Tyson. I did however find the show quite fascinating. The insight from Atlas was interesting to hear.

• Paid Members

Atlas went into loads of detail in his (excellent) book as well. As terrible as the rape of Desiree Washington that he was convicted of, according to Atlas it wasn’t an isolated incident. Tyson did shit to girls and women from when he was a teenager before he ever got famous. There was a story in there of Tyson putting his hands on Atlas’ young niece or some female relative and Atlas ended up pulling a gun on him and threatening him. He might not have committed another actual rape (although who knows?) but it sounds like there were a whole bunch of instances of him sexually assaulting women to some degree which he got away with. He even said during that big documentary on him a few years back something like ‘I didn’t rape that woman. I’ve taken advantage of women before but I didn’t take advantage of her’. 

Yep. Cunt. Another one. The history of combat sports is littered with them sadly. For every Georges St Pierre there’s a War Machine or two. 

• Paid Members

I think so yeah. Can’t remember the exact ages, they were both young but Tyson was a bit older. You have to take into account as well that Tyson wasn’t your average teenager. There’s pictures of him at 13 and he’s built like a brick shithouse even then and looks about 25 in the face. An adult woman probably couldn’t have fought off a 13 year old Tyson, let alone a minor. 

The thing was Cus D’Amato let him get away with it, protected him from facing punishment for his actions and gave him preferential treatment over his other young boxers (which was the main reason Atlas left Cus) because he knew Tyson was his last chance to have a heavyweight champion. 

Archived