The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

That sounds like a pretty good game, I reckon there could be many a lazy evening spent playing it if I managed to get it downloaded onto my laptop. I must look into it the next time I get a chance. Cheers for the information Adam. I'd be fucked if this was available on my phone. I don't know that I would ever do anything ever again other than stare at my screen for 16 hours a day. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DC's reaction to the whole thing...

“I’m the UFC double champion,” Cormier said. “I have bosses in the back and I’m talking about this guy because I have to. I’ve moved past that. I went about my business. I went and won another title. This guy, I guess now his suspension’s up. So we’ll see what happens.”

“I think people get excited, people get excited about the prospect of us fighting again, but I’ve got a fight with Brock Lesnar,” Cormier said. “Why would I look back? Why would I look back to Jones now when I’ve got a fight?

“Obviously, as a competitor I want to fight the guy. He’s beaten me twice. But I’ve got a fight. Why go back? This is a bigger fight. I’ve got a bigger fight with Brock Lesnar. Why should I go back?”

He's saying the right things here in my opinion. 

I'm not sure about any of you guys, but another fight with Jones wouldn't be overly interesting to me. I think that Jones simply has his number, and would win again if they fought.

DC probably knows that too, although he'd never admit it to himself. He's got a big money fight with Brock, then he can retire. He's at the stage now where he deserves to walk away with a win and a ton of dough.

• Paid Members

I'm pleased he's arrived in that head space, it was on the MMA Hour after he beat Stipe where he said in a perfect world he'd fight Brock and Jon before retiring.

I wonder if the UFC strip DC of his belt for this? Or maybe they're hoping they can convince DC to take a Jones fight before calling it a day.

• Paid Members
Just now, ColinBollocks said:

Jon 'The Rat' Jones. Another fine layer of odium to add to his mighty bastardy.

Surely, cross-referencing his narking with his own drug history, it should be Jon "The Grass" Jones?

Or, as someone indirectly referred to above, Jon "Snow" Jones.

"Yer knerr nuthin', Jon 'Snow' Jones."

Archived