The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Shit thing there is the show is in Brazil. If Manuwa was the one who got hurt then they could do Glover vs Rountree or whoever and it's a good fit for Brazil. Still, Manuwa vs Rountree would be fun, or Manuwa vs Cutelaba. 

• Paid Members

I haven't seen it elsewhere on here, but I had heard Derrick Lewis Vs Volkov is the co-main for the McGregor/Nurmagomedov fight. I was kind of surprised UFC went with that option, as I was expecting Blaydes/Volkov, but I guess this makes it look like the more impressive winner out of Lewis/Volkov or a potential Miocic/Blaydes fight, will get the next HW title shot, once DC/Lesnar is settled. That's all depending on what Jon Jones wants to/is able to do at that point of course. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Shit thing there is the show is in Brazil. If Manuwa was the one who got hurt then they could do Glover vs Rountree or whoever and it's a good fit for Brazil. Still, Manuwa vs Rountree would be fun, or Manuwa vs Cutelaba. 

What about Shoeface? He's been at 205 before. That would certainly be an interesting match.

• Paid Members

Thiago Santos has stepped in to fight Manuwa on the Brazil card next month. 

Good fight that. Didn't even think of Santos moving up but he's a big 185er and style-wise him and Manuwa match up well. 

Sources are Helwani and Chamatkar Sandhu on Twitter. 

Archived