The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always liked Yuki Kondo because he made his entrance to Enya. 

He's still only 43, which means he was barely 21 when he knocked out Franky Shams with a head kick in Pancrase. He had a prime version of Ortiz on shaky ground for a brief moment as well, despite being completely overmatched in terms of size. 

• Paid Members

Kondo ran Hendo to a close decision in Pride as well. I think I had Kondo winning actually. 

Sadly, when most people hear the name Yuki Kondo, the first image that comes to mind is him getting stomped out by Wanderlei. He was better than that though. 

• Paid Members

I remember that fight quite vividly. That was during Wanderlei's mental unbeaten streak, Kondo was really seen as the guy that might finally beat him, the added Japanese angle just made it even more important. Wandy wrecked him.

Due to a dispute with Virgin, the Gold and Dave channels have been dropped on Virgin Media and replaced with other channels, including FreeSports and Premier Sport.  One of them was showing some One MMA last night and I think there was some UK MMA on as well.  Shame I'll miss a few good old shows but happy with being able to watch some MMA!

2 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fucking yes! That's the fight I was calling for after Costa's last fight. That's going to be chaos. 

230 is the MSG show, isn't it? 

I really got my hopes up that when I heard MSG and 230, they were going to have it in China.

Ariel ‘Chip Pisser’ Helwani is reporting that the fight isn’t booked and has hinted that the UFC reporting it is a pressure tactic to get Yoel to sign the contract.

DON’T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM US.

Though, does seem like if Yoel takes a middleweight fight he’s accepting his career is on the way out and he’s just going to take a few more before bowing out. He isn’t getting another title shot at middle.

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Ariel ‘Chip Pisser’ Helwani is reporting that the fight isn’t booked and has hinted that the UFC reporting it is a pressure tactic to get Yoel to sign the contract.

DON’T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM US.

Though, does seem like if Yoel takes a middleweight fight he’s accepting his career is on the way out and he’s just going to take a few more before bowing out. He isn’t getting another title shot at middle.

Nah, TildeGuy broke it on here so it must be accurate.

Archived