The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

Just now, TildeGuy~! said:

You actually think someone like Floyd or Conor runs their own social media themselves? 

Of course not, but I'm fairly certain that they have some say over paid ads appearing on their accounts, no?

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

Of course not, but I'm fairly certain that they have some say over paid ads appearing on their accounts, no?

I’d think that’ll be up to his management team, 

“Hey Conor ya mind us whacking this ad up for ya on the old Instagram, you’d get paid of course”

Conor: “Grand” 

5 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’d think that’ll be up to his management team, 

“Hey Conor ya mind us whacking this ad up for ya on the old Instagram, you’d get paid of course”

Conor: “Grand” 

Yeah, I'm not so sure mate. Obviously it's nothing concrete, but recent antics and stories of what he's been involved in suggests his management team aren't the hottest.

McG isn't going to be advertising premium brands is he?  Do you think your average Aston Martin customer is going to be persuaded to part with their cash because McG is in the ad?  Conor appeals to the beer drinking, Burger King eating, Lizzie Duke wearing kind of chap.  It's all about aspirations, innit?  Aston Martin driving Rolex wearers want to be George Clooney, not an Irish cage fighter with shit tattoos.

Think I've asked this in the past but I'm finally about to get around to subscribing to Fight Pass. Are any of these other promotions worth a watch? The back catalogue is insane but I'm interested in the current feds. Obviously I've seen Cage Warriors and some Invicta but I'm limited in the others. 

11 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

UFC have announced Alistair Overeem Vs Curtis Blaydes for UFC 225

Overeem getting another tough up & comer. I can see him losing this one as well to be honest, although perhaps not in as devastating a fashion as his last fight.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Think I've asked this in the past but I'm finally about to get around to subscribing to Fight Pass. Are any of these other promotions worth a watch? The back catalogue is insane but I'm interested in the current feds. Obviously I've seen Cage Warriors and some Invicta but I'm limited in the others. 

if you want a history lesson i highly recommend Fight Pass. Outside of the UFC you have the WEC and Strikeforce catalogues, plus all of Pride. Its a no brainer.

• Paid Members

the level is probably pretty high across the board, i just find it harder to keep up on smaller show now because the UFC & Bellator drown out the market for me.

I'd definitely recommend watching Glory though if you fancy some kickboxing.

• Paid Members

I echo Egg's love for GLORY. It's a brilliant product and they pretty much never have a dull show, which is proper rare in sports. Just a shame it's market share in combat sports is so small.

I enjoyed that Russian league that does Fight Pass now and again. Some of the entrances are brilliantly bizarre.

Archived