Glover Teixeira vs Misha Cirkunov 

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jared Cannonier 

Tim Elliott vs Justin Scoggins 

Galore Bafondo vs Chad Laprise 

Oluwale Bamgbose vs Alessio Di Chirico 

John Makdessi vs Abel Trujillo 

Vitor Miranda vs Julian Marquez 

Nordine Taleb vs Sultan Aliev 

I mean, fuck! That's insane for a non PPV card. Even when you go lower down the card the quality is there. I didn't even know Mein vs Silva was announced. Heck of a fight. Elliott vs Scoggins should be non stop. Makdessi vs Trujillo should be explosive. Can't wait to see Galore Bafondo back in there after his debut scoring a KO by slamming a guy face first. And that's all probably going to be on the prelims. I haven't even touched on the main fights. Then you've got names like Glover and Little Nog padding the card out. Then the top 3 fights there...such a good card. Looks even better to me than the (also excellent) Poirier vs Pettis Fight Night. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
10 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

That card looks outstanding. Look at it;

Robbie Lawler vs Rafael Dos Anjos 

Jose Aldo vs Ricardo Lamas

Mike Perry vs Santiago Ponzinibbio 

Jordan Mein vs Erick Silva

Glover Teixeira vs Misha Cirkunov 

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jared Cannonier 

Tim Elliott vs Justin Scoggins 

Galore Bafondo vs Chad Laprise 

Oluwale Bamgbose vs Alessio Di Chirico 

John Makdessi vs Abel Trujillo 

Vitor Miranda vs Julian Marquez 

Nordine Taleb vs Sultan Aliev 

Fuck, me. They know how to put together a Big FOX card when the time comes don't they? I have an interest, in one form or another, in every single fight on that card.

21 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Barboza v Khabib seems like it's on the cards for the end of the year. Oof!

I have no doubt that Khabib absolutely manhandles Barboza in that one. Unless Barboza can somehow get a quick stoppage early on, of course.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Barboza needs to capitalise on his striking, because Nurmagomedov will shut him down quickly if he gets close enough. He's got a chin on him, and the fact that he rarely fights and tends to dominate opponents means he hasn't been in many wars to weaken it. 

It's not likely to happen, but I'd like Barboza to shred him up and turn him into Doner Khabib. As wand says, if it's not injuries, it's Ramadan, if it's not Ramadan, it's tiramisu (which, if he's such a devout Muslim, he shouldn't be bloody eating anyway). His relationship with Kadyrov is an even bigger reason to dislike him.

• Paid Members

It's a great fight that. Lightweight is choc-full of potential contenders at the minute. You've got Ferguson with the interim strap, obviously. He's on top of the pile. Then you've got this Khabib-Barboza fight which should determine the next contender after Fergie. You've got Alvarez-Gaethje going down in December. Kevin Lee could potentially get back in the picture with a couple of wins. It's such a great division. Loaded with worthy challengers. Which is why it really would take the piss if Nate Diaz gets the next shot. Then there's all this Conor vs Paulie shit that's been picking up steam this week. 

As for the fight we're talking about, I don't fancy Barboza's chances. If he can fire off some of those leg kicks and get those in the bank early on it'll be interesting to see how that might effect Khabib's takedown attempts. But do you want to be kicking much against someone like Khabib who has tunnel vision on putting you on the mat? No. It's a nightmare matchup for Barboza IMO. His kicks are his best weapon by miles and he's probably going to be hesitant to throw them because of the takedown threat. Which in Khabib's case, it's the biggest takedown threat in the division. Barboza's never really shown massive power in his punches. It's his kicks and knees where the real heavy artillery comes from. And I can't see him wanting to, or getting chance to, throw too much of them. He might just have to throw wild shit in the small windows of opportunity every time they're on the feet. Flying knees, that spinning heel kick that wiped out Terry Etim, shit like that. He'll end up on his back if it doesn't lend but he's going to end up on his back anyway. It's a risk worth taking because it's his only chance really. Khabib can roll about with all the bears he wants but none of them can throw a Tong Po kick like Barboza. Barboza's just going to have to go for it. If he doesn't he's going to get fucking steamrolled anyway. 

• Paid Members

Under normal circumatances id probably say yes, but considering Khabib's fought twice in 3 years i think they're just looking to get him back in there. He should be the nailed on number one contender but he's so inactive it ruins any momentum he may have.

Khabib says he wants Tony Ferguson for the "real" belt and Conor & Nate can have their money fight.

He also called Kevin Lee a chicken (who made weight while having a staph infection) for the way he fought against Ugly Tony, which is a bit harsh as at least he made the weight and fought and Khabib hasn't fought since November and something like 2 times in 3 years while Lee has fought 3 times this year. He said nobody taps him, not Rockhold or Cormier etc but maybe that camp should train a bit smarter and you wouldn't have him & Cain out so long.

Archived