The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was listening to Wrestling Observer Radio earlier and it turns out Henry Cejudo has broken his ankle. He did it by ending up having to evacuate a hotel I think it was, from the second floor balcony, due to forest fires that were going on, in which 10 people, at the point I heard the story, had died in.

EDIT: scratch that. It turns outs his ankle break was incorrectly reported by the San Francisco Chronicle

http://www.f4wonline.com/ufc-news/henry-cejudo-suffered-burns-didnt-break-ankle-california-wildfires-244311

On 10/10/2017 at 9:33 AM, wandshogun09 said:

That didn't take long. Gokhan Saki's next fight is booked. He's fighting Khalil Rountree at UFC 219 on December 30th. 

Love this. Great matchmaking.  I have high hopes for Rountree, he looks like he's found the mean streak to match his promising skills. But a win for Saki would make him interesting in the division too.  

• Paid Members

Get in!

Can't remember who first suggested that fight on here but as soon as I read the post I was dying to see it. 

Wonder who Mike Perry gets now then? He called out Lawler but they're obviously going in another direction. Perry vs the winner of Cerrone/Till would work for me. Especially if it's Cerrone. 

Think Perry v Ponzinibbio may be the fight to make. Ponzi the only one in the top 10 thats not matched up at the moment.

Although saying that I just seen Perry is a guest fighter next week in Gdansk. So that could set it up for him v the winner of Cerrone v Till.

• Paid Members

According to mmafighting.com, Ragin' Al vs Paul Felder has been added to the 218 card in December. I think that show definitely goes down as being 'stacked' at this point. Alvarez/Gaethje, Overeem/Ngannou and Holloway/Edgar on top of that? Roll on to December 2nd I say. 

• Paid Members

Amazing how quick RDA has put himself in the title mix at 170. 2 wins in and he's in a #1 contenders fight. Buzzsawing through Magny the way he did will do that. I'm going to be conflicted for this one. Love RDA and Lawler. Can't they both get the title shot in a triple threat match? 

Archived