The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
15 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

saw today that Bigfoot Silva has signed with Glory and will make his kickboxing debut in China, his opponent?...Rico fucking Verhoeven. Are they fucking kidding? Bigfoot's getting destroyed.

I saw he signed on IG, which made me cringe, but Rico Verhoeven! I just hope the money is good.

• Paid Members

What are his team and management playing at? He's been getting KO'd in almost every fight he's had over the last 5 years. And that's in MMA. So now they think it's a good idea to throw him in with one of the best kickboxers on the planet in a kickboxing match where he can't even fall back on his grappling if he's in trouble and he's pretty much guaranteed another knockout loss? I know he's a man and ultimately makes his own choices but stuff like this makes you question who's around him and what their intentions are because this can't end well. Bigfoot's at a point where you'd think his team would be trying to convince him to retire or at least be carefully selecting opponents for him, to see where he stands and try to rebuild him. Instead they send him on his merry way towards another concussion. 

I'll watch pretty much any fight. Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, drunk women in town on a Saturday night, two cats on the side of the road, whatever. But I can't see me watching this. It genuinely gives me an uneasy feeling. 

• Paid Members

Gutted when I read that on the shitter. I've long gushed over the quality of Stann's work, so I do consider it a big loss, but thankfully the UFC have DC and Cruz to step in and do the job.

More money for less miles, probably. Very Brian Stann to put time with his family ahead of a job like he had with the UFC.

14 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Saw that earlier on, great news. Saw a photo of him in a sushi place not long ago, he's looking as though he's lost a fair bit of weight. Hopefully he comes back and lives a healthy life.

• Paid Members

I may have missed it being posted, but MMAFighting.com reported Maia v Colby Covington has been added to the Fight Night 119 show in Sao Paulo, October 28th, underneath Machida v Brunson. 

On 25/08/2017 at 9:36 AM, WeeAl said:

I may have missed it being posted, but MMAFighting.com reported Maia v Colby Covington has been added to the Fight Night 119 show in Sao Paulo, October 28th, underneath Machida v Brunson. 

That matchmaking right there shows why Woodley ain't running the risk of losing just to entertain Caesar. It could just as easily have been him facing a no-name like Covington on a show no gives a fuck about, couldn't it?

1 hour ago, David said:

That matchmaking right there shows why Woodley ain't running the risk of losing just to entertain Caesar. It could just as easily have been him facing a no-name like Covington on a show no gives a fuck about, couldn't it?

Covington is the worst kind of no name fighter, in that he's underrated and is actually really good. If you manage to beat him, well, it's a good win but it's a good win that means nothing because Covington doesn't have a name. But if you lose, you've lost to a guy nobody knows.

Archived