The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, the_mole said:

Yeah he still has to fight Marquardt but that's a very winnable fight, he'll most likely fight Wand or Sonnen. 

He doesn't want any of this. I went to the CM Punk school of MMA training and my testosterone is fully working. Best he stays in the UFC where he's safe. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Roy Nelson has signed with Bellator, Roy's on the slide but he's still an attraction. Wouldn't be surprised if they put him in straight for the vacant belt and he wins the fucker.

Shame this happened now, because a couple of years ago, he'd have been a great choice to build the HW division around. As things stand, it's still a good signing - Nelson is very marketable - just a little exposed now, is all.

• Paid Members

i honestly dont think it'll matter. Despite losing Nelson remains popular and still has the ability to lay people out. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator went right for Nelson/Kongo II for the vacant title.

130614105851-roy-nelson-t1b-single-image

• Paid Members

i hadn't even considered Fedor & Mitrione as being part of the division 😂 that super fight thing going feels like a seperate promotion under the same umbrella. I'd like to see Roy get the winner actually.

• Paid Members

How many fights does Kongo have left on his contract? It seems absolutely pointless from a business viewpoint to renew it. You're just burning money by paying him to fight for your promotion. Win streak or not. 

• Paid Members

That's really a complete head scratcher,  don't you think?

He's been like this for a few years now, so anyone that's been following the sport would atleast be a little bit wise to it. 

Seems like the only appeal would be if you'd never seen him fight before but clocked him on a poster or something. You'd soon be turned off if you did happen to watch the fight though.

I think it's because Bellator's audience is greatly made up of people into spectacle and sideshow. And Kongo looks like a spectacle. He looks like a guy who you think should be one of the most dangerous fighters in the world. Obviously, that goes flying out the window once the fight starts, but we've seen time and time again how fighters remain draws long after they've been exposed.

Archived