The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't know how I feel about that, really.

Obviously, not really into fighters going at it in the street, but, at the same time, if you decide to take it upon yourself to shit talk someone like Cyborg, then you must realise there is a very real chance you're getting a smack in the mouth.

I'm not sure how the UFC handle this. I do know if I was Rogan, I'd be sleeping with the light on and my crossbow nearby.

• Paid Members

The amount of shit Rogan talks on his podcast I'm surprised there hasn't been more issues of fighters aggressively confronting him. He's said a lot of shit over the years from ripping into Cyborg's appearance to pointing the PED finger at almost every cunt and his dog. The only fighter I remember really having a pop at Rogan was Rampage but that was just Rampage being overly sensitive to criticism about the Jones fight. 

• Paid Members

To echo what Bollocks said above, I don't condone what Cyborg did but the shit Magana said on twitter was down right cruel bordering on bullying. 

it was absolutely pathetic what she posted and if I were in Cyborg's shoes, I would have done the same.

• Paid Members

Not that I don't think VT deserved Cyborg going upside her head, but wasn't that a potentially dangerous thing for Cyborg to do? She's quite a chunk bigger than Magana, three weight classes higher, maybe four at walking-around weight!

Rogan is a part of the UFC's furniture. Attacking him would only be a step down from calling out Lorenzo or Dana. With his podcast, he also yields quite a bit of power. He's probably not someone you would want to get into a flamewar with.

• Paid Members

I know it's not news, but Demetrius Johnson is a fucking goof who deserves to be poor forever. He has absolutely no grasp of business or how to make money at all. He's the antithesis of Conor McGregor.

With Cody injured and their fight off, the rumours are that they want to move TJ to 125 and make Mighty Mouse vs. TJ Dillashaw for the title. A great idea. 

Despite this being the most appealing fight in the history of the 125 division, and easily the best fight for Mighty Mouse to make the big money he's always whinging he doesn't make, he's now complaining on Twitter that he wants to fight Ray Borg (who the fuck is that guy?) instead and that TJ should first get a win at 125 before he's allowed a title shot.

He's a moron. Despite how much I want to see him against Dillashaw, just to spite him I now hope that Dillashaw does take a warm up fight at 125 and loses. If DJ is so thick as to put obstacles in the way of the one fight that people might actually want to pay money and see, I hope it slips through his fingers and he never gets it. Like he never gets anything.

Ray Borg, seriously? I couldn't even pick him out of a lineup!

• Paid Members

I think had this been proposed at a different time, he'd be all over it. Borg is an easy fight for him to break the record at, where as TJ would likely cause more issues for him. 

I agree with your point though. I guess the record is more important to him. 

• Paid Members

DJ could actually be the worst draw in the company. Almost all their PPV's fall between 240k-330k give or take, unless you're Jon Jones, McGregor, Rousey, Lesnar, Anderson Silva up until recently or GSP. Other than that everyone is as much of a draw as each other. Except Demetrious. One of DJ's recent PPV title defences did somewhere around 115,000. How he manages to make himself half the draw of every other fighter to the UFC's baseline, core fanbase, is a skill unto itself. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I know it's not news, but Demetrius Johnson is a fucking goof who deserves to be poor forever. He has absolutely no grasp of business or how to make money at all. He's the antithesis of Conor McGregor.

With Cody injured and their fight off, the rumours are that they want to move TJ to 125 and make Mighty Mouse vs. TJ Dillashaw for the title. A great idea. 

Despite this being the most appealing fight in the history of the 125 division, and easily the best fight for Mighty Mouse to make the big money he's always whinging he doesn't make, he's now complaining on Twitter that he wants to fight Ray Borg (who the fuck is that guy?) instead and that TJ should first get a win at 125 before he's allowed a title shot.

He's a moron. Despite how much I want to see him against Dillashaw, just to spite him I now hope that Dillashaw does take a warm up fight at 125 and loses. If DJ is so thick as to put obstacles in the way of the one fight that people might actually want to pay money and see, I hope it slips through his fingers and he never gets it. Like he never gets anything.

Ray Borg, seriously? I couldn't even pick him out of a lineup!

The thing is Supremo, the way you're talking you seem to be portraying TJ as some huge draw? The guy hasn't drawn shit in his entire career and his run as champion was woeful.

I also question whether the UFC would throw big money at DJ to make that fight happen. If they did, it would only be from sheer desperation.

Whilst I agree the fight is the most interesting option as a viewer, say if TJ did win the belt, then what? I don't think he has any interest in staying down in that division for more than one fight. It's completely short sighted to me.

Archived