McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Moderators

He looks cool, he acts cool

He looks & acts cool if you're a 15 year old boy; otherwise his shtick is naff as fuck. "Holla at me playa. Look at my gold chain, dawg. I gotz da bling yo."

And Conor McGregor acting like a more hirsute Jeremy Clarkson bantzing away is a vast improvement?  

• Paid Members

Conor did just watch a man get killed in the cage the other day. If you're rich as fuck that is certainly something to sit and think about. Or, as if often the case whenever someone announces their retirement from MMA, he may have failed a test and he's trying to break his news first.

I was utterly convinced he was fucking about until I saw Ariel and his coach tweeting about it.

Shit news, if true.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

He looks & acts cool if you're a 15 year old boy; otherwise his shtick is naff as fuck. "Holla at me playa. Look at my gold chain, dawg. I gotz da bling yo."

And Conor McGregor acting like a more hirsute Jeremy Clarkson bantzing away is a vast improvement?  

Worlds apart. Best promo of all time in any sport ever. 

• Paid Members

I'm probably being harsh but if this McGregor retirement is legit (and whatever happens, I still think he'll end up fighting again)...is McGregor a bit of a quitter?

Obviously, he can retire whenever he wants and it's actually a healthy thing to make your money and get out. Much preferable to hanging around until your brain turns to mush. But didn't McGregor briefly jack his MMA career in when he lost a fight before as well? And John Kavanagh had to convince him to fight on? Now he's retiring after his first UFC loss.

There's probably another (more logical) reason if he's retiring. And if he was 'quitting' because he doesn't like losing, surely he'd have quit after UFC 196, not signed for the rematch then quit. Just trying to make sense of it. It's not that he's retiring, it's the timing of it that's odd. He's currently booked to headline the biggest PPV in UFC history in a fight where he gets chance to avenge his loss to Diaz and make a few more million dollars in the process. And he chooses now to walk away? Just doesn't add up.

• Paid Members

Or, as if often the case whenever someone announces their retirement from MMA, he may have failed a test and he's trying to break his news first.

Oh can you imagine the field day Nate Diaz would have with that? Aldo as well actually. The way people were accusing Aldo of juicing and Rogan saying he looked soft at UFC 194 and doing that ridiculous photo comparison...the irony if it turned out McGregor has failed a test now would be nuts.

I hope it isn't that he's failed a test though. That would be mega shit.

• Paid Members

Worlds apart. Best promo of all time in any sport ever. 

That just isn't true is it?