Motor Racing Nirvana

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at Silverstone last weekend and had the best time ever! My mate won a pit walk for Thursday so we got to see into the garages and met Leclerc, Ericsson, Vettel, Jacques Villeneuve, Anthony David

Thought it was a great race today. One of the more entertaining in quite some time. There were lots of battles going on and I thought it was great. I feel sorry for both Haas drivers, obviously someth

Alonso tearing into the team for his piece of shit car over the radio is what kept me interested in F1 last season.  Long may he stay at McLaren and they keep putting sugar in his tank.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

On 17/03/2018 at 11:25 AM, courageous said:

Goodwood in the snow looks rather scenic - not sure if it's any good for racing F5000 in though

It's Glorious.

Edited by BigJag
  • Paid Members

I saw a bit where one rider came off his bike. Slid along for a bit and then got up. Immediately pointed at his right collar bone. Then trudged off the track with his right arm hanging awkwardly. It was as if it wasn't that big a deal to him. He was more pissed that he couldn't ride. These guys are a different breed.

• Paid Members

Most of the top riders will try and ride with a broken collarbone. A couple of years ago Jorge Lorenzo broke his collarbone in Free Practice 1 on the Friday at Brno in the Czech Republic. Was flown to see his surgeon in Spain on the Saturday. Had an operation to set it and flew back to Brno. Had to pass the fitness test to ride in the race, part of the test was he had to do 20 press ups. Passed the test, started 14th on the grid and finished 7th. He had to be lifted off the bike at the end of the race. Like you say, a different breed. 

• Paid Members

The guy who broke his collar bone was a Moto3 rider and it happened during practice. Looked pretty horrible didn’t it!

They certainly are a different breed. Last season Alex Rins broke his ankle but still raced the following week. Then the race after that he suffered a double fracture to his wrist so decided to get surgery and heal up..... for a few weeks..... before he was back again. Also don’t forget Rossi raced quite a few races last season with a broken leg - just imagine the bravery required to do that, absolutely incredible. 

Yesterdays race was superb. It really is a golden era for the sport at the moment. Shame Zarco got gobbled up towards the end but that was always going to happen. Dovi and Márquez battling until the last corner as usual - fantastic stuff

• Paid Members

Thought it was a great race today. One of the more entertaining in quite some time. There were lots of battles going on and I thought it was great. I feel sorry for both Haas drivers, obviously something going on with the pit team, but the timing of the safety car was brilliant. I loved the fact that Vettel came out of his pit stop in front of Hamilton leaving him bewildered as to how he dropped to 2nd! Oh how we laughed...

Looking forward to Bahrain already!