The UKFF Missing Persons Bureau

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Does anyone know whatever became of Pick?

Also, what actually precipitated his leaving? I should know but I can't remember. How many years ago is it now that he swore off the forum? It seems like an eternity ago.

I dunno man, something about "the boys" getting enough respect...I can't remember exactly, but I think he ended up working with some Britwres company and, as often happens, they find they can't post here anymore because Britwres HATES the UKFF (despite it making up probably 20% of it's gates.)

Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Wait, no, he became CZWs official UK distributor at one point..

Dave started off as pickstar, then he got older and used to tell us all about the birds he pulled, how many fights he won and how much he could drink. He then set up Smartmark uk? where he would sell offical CZW/IWA things, he might have posted a topic about the boys not getting the due because of tape trading even tho before the deal he would tape trade.

As far as i know SMUK stopped when he had a row with his mum and wouldnt be in the same room as her, the PC was in the living room. Shame as he was good at it

I remember Dan the Bruiser writing a Pick song with the Chorus "im pick im pick you know im legit"

He can be seen in the crowd at IWA king of the death high fiveing Ian Rotton, if i remember Ian picked him up from the airport.

I dont seem to remember a big "fuck you im going" just kinda drifted away

• Paid Members

I met him a few times, I even stopped by his house when my brother lived near him. He was a good lad. He was pretty young when he did the pickstar tapes the smvuk tapes and DVDs and did well for himself at the time.

This talk of Brock/Jericho, I guess i'm JTG, i've been around for years and have done nothing of note in all that time

Same here man...but i'm always lurking around still..the passion for wrestling comes in drabs, think its the off-topic section, especially the football thread that keeps me coming back to be honest.

• Paid Members

I remember getting most of the early TNA's from Pickstapes (Service so good it makes Tokyo dance!) as well as a lot of CZW and IWA KOTDMs.

I remember his post on his site about how he didn't feel right ripping off the wrestlers and went legit with Smart Mark UK.

Watching a King of the Death Match, I think I posted on here "who the hell was the guy in the crowd wearing a Newcastle top!"

After Pick left the trading game, I remember getting my TNA tapes from Showstapes, who was also good, but then ripped me off on the last couple of orders.

Since I'm mentioning random tape traders, whatever happened to Sharkwrestling. Used to love the little animation he'd have at the start of his tapes!

• 1 month later...

Archived