The 2012 Holiday Thread

David

It's that time of year again when we all want to fuck off from this pissy country and go somewhere warm. I thought a thread where we could discuss where we're going, where we would recommend, post some holiday snaps, and advise others on cheap flight/holiday websites etc would be worth a punt.

I'm probably going to hit Spain early next month, but I've not decided exactly when. Will be looking for cheapish flights over the next week or so I reckon...

• Paid Members

I guess I could class going home to England as my holiday this year, not very exotic but it was nice to see the family. We did make a trip to Cape Cod to see a friend, which was wonderful. A beautiful part of the US. We have a trip to NYC planned in November for my Brother-In-Law's wedding that's gonna happen in Central Park. IN NOVEMBER. Its gonna be freezing. We also maybe going to Chicago at some point this year too, but again that's to see family.

• Paid Members

No idea. Our son is 8 months old and mrs simania isn't back to work yet so we probably won't go far. I did get 3 days overtime and I have enough loyalty point for 5 nights at any holiday inn so we could end up somewhere random if there are cheap flights at the start of August.

• Paid Members

I'm heading off to Tenerife in two weeks for a fortnight with the girlfriend. All being well, we'll do the overnight trip up Teide this time and watch the sunset, the stars and the sunrise.

I'm going on a cruise around the Mediterranean for 2 weeks mid-August. Should be fun. Never been on a cruise before. Doing a stadium tour of Barcelona's Camp Nou whilst there which should also be quite fun

• Paid Members

I've already had my main holiday, which cost me an arm and a leg, but since I spent half the time watching wrestling it ended up feeling like a bit of a busman's. I'm hoping I'll be able to afford a cheapo last minute deal for a week in the sun somewhere at the end of the summer.

• Paid Members

I'm going to St. Louis in September for sports, sightseeing and general farting about for a week. Visas / waivers will be sorted in the next month or so.

Archived