Why has their never been a Justice League Film?

iamthedoctor

DC kill it with their animated features though, that's where they're excelling at the moment.

Can you reccomend any recent ones? Please.

Recent:

Batman: Year One

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Wonder Woman

Superman vs. the Elite

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is the best DC Animated Universe movie, second is Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and third best take one from Batman: Year One/Batman: Under the Red Hood/Wonder Woman.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DC kill it with their animated features though, that's where they're excelling at the moment.

Recent:

Wonder Woman

Superman vs. the Elite

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is the best DC Animated Universe movie, second is Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and third best take one from Batman: Year One/Batman: Under the Red Hood/Wonder Woman.

I just watched vs. the Elite a couple of weeks ago, and dodgy Manc accent aside it was a great film. DC's animation side more than makes up for their lack of good live action output.

• Paid Members

This stuff very rarely turns up on TV. SKY movies occasionally show some stuff. Mainly Marvel. I remember a awful Batman one. It was done by a Japanese studios and had Polar bears in it. It tried hard but just wasn't right. I think it was based on The Animated series.

Is DVD the best way of watching these? Why do they not get shown on TV more?

Recent:

Wonder Woman

Superman vs. the Elite

I just watched vs. the Elite a couple of weeks ago, and dodgy Manc accent aside it was a great film. DC's animation side more than makes up for their lack of good live action output.

The DC Animated Universe is so consistently great, the best of which is the excellent Batman: The Animated Series. Nothing beats it.

This stuff very rarely turns up on TV. SKY movies occasionally show some stuff. Mainly Marvel. I remember a awful Batman one. It was done by a Japanese studios and had Polar bears in it. It tried hard but just wasn't right. I think it was based on The Animated series.

Was that the Mr Freeze one? I remember that being on channel 5 and it not being that good. It was all about Robin and Batgirl getting horny and very little Batman or Mr Freeze which was a shame as he came across really well in when he was on screen.

The Marvel films are alright too, I like Hulk vs. Wolverine (can be found on youtube) as it's got a great performance by Deadpool's voice actor. Invincible Iron Man is pretty good too. The Ultimate Avengers aren't as good as the recent TV series but not completely awful.

Just saw this

Warner Bros and DC Entertainment is planning to release its Justice League movie within the next few years.

In a Variety article detailing the studio's forthcoming plans for its DC properties, a 2015 date is mentioned as a target to get the comic book team - featuring Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman - together on the big screen for the first time.

comics_justice_league.jpgcomics_new_25_justice_league.jpg

Following the box office success of The Avengers earlier this year, Warner Bros announced that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall had penned a script for a Justice League blockbuster.

Warner Bros film group president Jeff Robinov revealed that plans for its superhero movie slate will be announced after the release of The Dark Knight Rises.

"My hope is that over the next month or so we'll be ready to lay out the plan for the next DC movies," he told the Los Angeles Times.

Christopher Nolan

Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan recently disclosed that he will not have any involvement in the Justice League movie or the proposed Batman reboot.

"It was a conversation we had," Robinov said. "Obviously anything you can get Chris involved in is great."

A Justice League feature was previously in the works with Mad Max director George Miller at the helm. The cancelled project would have starred Armie Hammer as Batman, DJ Catrona as Superman and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

Following the release of Dark Knight Rises on July 20, the next DC Comics adaptation to hit the big screen will be the Henry Cavill-led Superman revamp Man of Steel.

• Paid Members

Was that the Mr Freeze one? I remember that being on channel 5 and it not being that good. It was all about Robin and Batgirl getting horny and very little Batman or Mr Freeze which was a shame as he came across really well in when he was on screen

Yes. I'm pretty sure it was.

• Paid Members

I have a stack of wrestling DVDS that I have never watched. I just can't watch videos .Not a big fan of watching stuff over the web either. Torrents can be a pain. I just prefer to have my viewing scheduled by TV companies it seems.Silly I know.

People are always lending me stuff to watch. I remember it took me about six months to watch a video of one of the early UFC tournaments. Just don't seem to find the time.

• Paid Members

Just arrived this morning:

DC 75th Anniversary Collection Super 10-Disc DVD Set

SUPERMAN:DOOMSDAY

BATMAN:MASK OF THE PHANTASM

BATMAN:GOTHAM KNIGHT

WONDER WOMAN

SUPERMAN;LAST SON OF KRYPTON

BATMAN;THE ANIMATED SERIES-- Vol 1-4

BATMAN;MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN

Archived