Why has their never been a Justice League Film?

iamthedoctor

• Paid Members

Im pretty sure the Batman reboot has nothing to do with the 'tone' they could easily chuck a brooding Christian Bale into a JL movie. The reboot is because Nolan and Bale signed on for 3 films so they are going to need a new director and star no matter what, Its the same as they've done with Spiderman.

The Fantastic Four is getting a reboot because Fox want to hang on to the license. Its an odd one. Despite the FF films being not very good and not making massive amounts of money Fox have done as much as they can over the years to keep hold of it (Making a film with the intention of never releasing it, rushing a reboot into pre-production before their deal expires back to Marvel)

The last Punisher film was made by Marvel as well under their Marvel Knights banner (Think Ghost Rider is the only other film they've used that for) Can't see them putting that character as he is anywhere near their Marvel Universe films

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Im pretty sure the Batman reboot has nothing to do with the 'tone' they could easily chuck a brooding Christian Bale into a JL movie. The reboot is because Nolan and Bale signed on for 3 films so they are going to need a new director and star no matter what, Its the same as they've done with Spiderman.

There were supposed to be six Spider-Man films, but ended after Spider-Man 3 when Sam Raimi pulled out; it went down like a deck of cards when he left.

• Paid Members

There were supposed to be six Spider-Man films, but ended after Spider-Man 3 when Sam Raimi pulled out; it went down like a deck of cards when he left.

I dont think there was any way they would have made 6 though, Again Maguire and Raimi were only ever contracted for 3 and I dont think either of them wanted anything to do with the franchise by the 3rd film. Plus Maguire would have been in his 40s and still playing Spider-man. There is something very wrong with that. It shows how lucky Marvel have been getting someone at Downeys level who is so into the franchise (Im sure him getting paid more than the rest of The Avengers combined plays a big part as well)

Animated films:

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Batman: Year One

Green Lantern: First Flight

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Wonder Woman

Superman: Doomsday

Superman vs. The Elite (This one is fucking brilliant!)

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

Justice League: New Frontiers

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Justice League: Doom

Try dailymotion and a user called mrcobain.

• Paid Members

In regards to the DC cartoons, Justice league : crisis on two earths is my favourite, the 2 Superman/Batman ones are great too but I can't remember which is which. Superman vs the elite was good but not one of the best for me.

New frontiers would be a good one to start with, they're fun whether you read the comics first or not, depends if you'd have more fun comparing it to the comic or not knowing what's coming.

Justice League The New Frontier is maybe my favourite of them all, also one of the most gorgeous graphic novels I've ever laid my eyes on.

Should I read the Graphic Novel first?

It doesn't really matter I dont think. There are 2 Graphic Novels so the film is a bit more condensed but its still class. Maybe go for the film first and if you want more go for the graphics!

There are some earlier cartoon films. I quite like Batman Beyond (or of the Future can't remember which one they called it) The Return of the Joker. Plus I found the three part story of Superman the Animated Series 'Last Son of Krypton'. It's pretty good.

Also Batman Gotham Knight is pretty cool. Not a real film but a collection of Batman stories by different artists and writers. Most hit the right note with me anyway.

Oh and one more thing before I attempt to develop a life, DC Showcase which come out with DVDs. These are only about 10-15 minutes but are cool. They have Shazam, Green Arrow, The Spectre and Catwoman (including a nice lap dancing scene.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived