Why has their never been a Justice League Film?

iamthedoctor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Looking at the Batman and Superman franchises and that we got a Green Lantern Film and a Flash one why has Hollywood never made a Justice League film?

Because super heroes are shit.

Piss off and get your own gimmick!

Well, Batman's getting a reboot, as is Superman, and I think there are Wonder Woman and Flash movies being made, aren't there? Green Lantern's been out recently - it didn't do well, but at least it's out there. I'd imagine Aquaman, Zatanna and Manhunter would probably end up the Hawkeye/Black Widow characters.

Why are they doing a Batman reboot when the last movie isnt even out yet? Crazy!

• Paid Members
Well, Batman's getting a reboot, as is Superman, and I think there are Wonder Woman and Flash movies being made, aren't there? Green Lantern's been out recently - it didn't do well, but at least it's out there. I'd imagine Aquaman, Zatanna and Manhunter would probably end up the Hawkeye/Black Widow characters.

Why are they doing a Batman reboot when the last movie isnt even out yet? Crazy!

At the rate they're going with these insulting cash-grab reboots, they'll start rebooting in the middle of the movies - get you in to Dark Knight with the promise of the last Bale/Nolan collaboration, have a quick interval, and then it's on to Baz Lurhmann's reimagining of the 60s show.

Looking at the Batman and Superman franchises and that we got a Green Lantern Film and a Flash one why has Hollywood never made a Justice League film?

Warner Bros. are slowly making their way to one with the success of Marvel's Avengers. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy is too dark for a kid-friendly Justice League film though, so good news: you have a Batman reboot in 2015 to look forward to. On that timeline, there may be a Justice League movie by 2020.

Hopefully from the massive success from Lego batman 2 DC Super Heroes got this week scoring big ie number 1 on the wii, PS3 & Xbox 360 knocking Fifa 12 and Max Payne 3 among others hopefully would show their is interest in the franchise.

Are there going to be any more Fantastic Four movies? Maybe a reboot of that?

Is it true that Punisher is going to end up in the Marvel Movie Universe?

When is the next X-Men film coming out?

1. there are plans for a reboot. Chronicle director attached

2. Marvel do have the rights for any future movies

3. next Wolverine movie due for July 2013. first class 2 early 2014

• Paid Members

Because the current version wouldn't really fit with the style needed to make a JL movie. Remember, Nolan insisted on having no super-powers, and he's even extended that to Bane, the most super-powered of Batman's first-tier villains. In a universe where Batman has to rub shoulders with Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Aquaman, and maybe even Plastic Man, there's no way Nolan's iteration of him would work.

I remember reading about how DC wanted to do a JLA movie in the mid-90s, and felt they needed to reboot Batman to get people ready for it, but instead of a restart, they simply opted to do it mid-series, and we ended up with Batman & Robin. Not sure how true that is, though.

C-

• Paid Members

I'd love a Justice League film, the Justice League are way cooler than the Avengers and there's no reason a Justice League movie wouldn't be even better than the Avengers one... Except DC have a terrible track record and would probably fuck it up.

DC kill it with their animated features though, that's where they're excelling at the moment.

PS even I didn't think this is thread worthy and I'm literally obsessed with superhero movies.

One more thing that I've been thinking recently and here seems the best place to put it, Wonder Woman is really hard to cast and Charlize Theron is the only big actress who I think could pull it off, she can act, she's tall, she's pretty but in the right kind of way, like she still looks tough but has a cute face, she's a good actor in the Ed Norton, Christian Bale, Robert Downey JR "people would take the material seriously kind of way"

She's a bit old now but around the time she did Aeon Flux she would've been great. Pointless hypothetical casting but I never heard anyone else say it.

• Paid Members

C-

Because the current version wouldn't really fit with the style needed to make a JL movie. Remember, Nolan insisted on having no super-powers, and he's even extended that to Bane, the most super-powered of Batman's first-tier villains. In a universe where Batman has to rub shoulders with Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Aquaman, and maybe even Plastic Man, there's no way Nolan's iteration of him would work.

Why not? I mean, there are no superpowers in the two Iron Man movies, it's all technology, and yet come The Avengers he's swopping witty repartee with a Norse God.

Nolan's Batman is dark, but he's also got the world's greatest weapons manufacturer behind him, like errr... Stark, and Batman was never a supernatural character, so I don't see why they can't just move forward with that.

The honest answer is that it's all about money making, not creative integrity.

Also:

Super_Friends.jpg

Archived