Why has their never been a Justice League Film?

iamthedoctor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Looking at the Batman and Superman franchises and that we got a Green Lantern Film and a Flash one why has Hollywood never made a Justice League film?

Warner Bros. are slowly making their way to one with the success of Marvel's Avengers. Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy is too dark for a kid-friendly Justice League film though, so good news: you have a Batman reboot in 2015 to look forward to. On that timeline, there may be a Justice League movie by 2020.

• Paid Members

Pretty much what Chemical said.

It took Marvel a long time to structure the storyline arc's and characters to make the Avengers film pay off. The Incredible Hulk (Ed Norton one) and Iron Man 1, that kicked it off, were released back in 2008. The Avengers also had what i'd consider more mainstream recogniseable characters in Hulk Captain America etc.

For DC to do the same, they would have to reimagine a couple of the currently active movie heroes (again as Khemmy points out Batman and Superman), and get audiences familliar with one or two of the more obsucre or not so recent characters like Wonder Woman and Aquaman/Martian Manhunter and Flash. Depending on the line-up they choose to use of course.

• Paid Members

Well, Batman's getting a reboot, as is Superman, and I think there are Wonder Woman and Flash movies being made, aren't there? Green Lantern's been out recently - it didn't do well, but at least it's out there. I'd imagine Aquaman, Zatanna and Manhunter would probably end up the Hawkeye/Black Widow characters.

• Paid Members

OK, forgetting Marvel/DC etc splits and all that, if you could pick an Ultimate Hero Army with 5 members and a 'boss' who would be in it?

I'll post mine when I have time, but consider that they have to have a wide range of powers to cope with any crisis.

• Paid Members
Oh, in that case, Darkseid.

Yeh, either Darkseid or Apocalypse.

I always thought it was a bit funny that Jack Palance inspired Darkseid, who inspired Thanos, who inspired Mongul.

Archived