Oreos Are Gay

Devon Malcolm

Religion has been used to control most aspects of ordinary peoples lives

Right, but that's a bit of a breakaway from saying:

sex is one of the few aspects of life where people can't be forced physically to do what someone tells them, so the pressure is exerted through social, cultural and, mainly, religious avenues.

I think you worded that original post badly, which is why it seemed a bit crackers to me. There really aren't many things that people can be forced physically to do en masse.

I made no suggestion of "secret cabals" of anyone, as it's always been pretty blatant.

So they're less a secret cabal and more a blatant club?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sorry, did a bit of a double take there.

Religion has been used to control most aspects of ordinary peoples lives

Right, but that's a bit of a breakaway from saying:

sex is one of the few aspects of life where people can't be forced physically to do what someone tells them, so the pressure is exerted through social, cultural and, mainly, religious avenues.

I think you worded that original post badly, which is why it seemed a bit crackers to me. There really aren't many things that people can be forced physically to do en masse.

That's just cheesy.

But yah, most likely. I was thinking in terms of things like forced re-settlement, conscription, payments of tax/tribute/tithes, etc. When it comes to the crunch, I definitely should've worded it better.

I made no suggestion of "secret cabals" of anyone, as it's always been pretty blatant.

So they're less a secret cabal and more a blatant club?

If you like a lot of that sort of thing, yes. But if you disagree, go ahead - I'm not pointing any fingers.

• Paid Members
But if you disagree, go ahead - I'm not pointing any fingers.

Don't fudge the issue.

I'm not, I'm still on topic.

• Paid Members
Oreos are horribly over rated as a foodstuff.

I've just never got the appeal, just a terribly over rated biscuit with so few redeeming features.

They do loads of different ones, though. The original ones are pretty dull. The golden biscuit ones, though, are gorgeous. As are the mint ones.

I might have a look about and try some fancy flavours then.

The original were so crap I'm not going to hold high hopes, but I'll give them a try.

Archived