Oreos Are Gay

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's a shame people are still taking it up the arse for being gay in this day and age, but like most things it takes time to work the attitude out. Wasn't it still against the law 50 or so years ago? Plenty of old folks still come out with comments about them darkies, but the younger generation seem to have moved forward. Same with homophobia to a degree. The older generation don't get it, but while the younger ones might make their little jokes many really couldn't give a fuck if their best mates gay or their sister likes the pussy. Religion seems to have a lot to answer for here though.

• Paid Members
It's a shame people are still taking it up the arse for being gay in this day and age,

Cheezus.

but like most things it takes time to work the attitude out. Wasn't it still against the law 50 or so years ago? Plenty of old folks still come out with comments about them darkies, but the younger generation seem to have moved forward. Same with homophobia to a degree. The older generation don't get it, but while the younger ones might make their little jokes many really couldn't give a fuck if their best mates gay or their sister likes the pussy. Religion seems to have a lot to answer for here though.

That's as may be, but obsoive how many of those commenting seem pretty young. There's a real atmos in the US that it's fine to say these things, hiding behind the shield of free speech.

• Paid Members
That's as may be, but obsoive how many of those commenting seem pretty young. There's a real atmos in the US that it's fine to say these things, hiding behind the shield of free speech.

But where do those attitudes come from in the first place? It's very hard for me to say about the US because I'm not there, but anytime I've come across comments a hell of a lot of them seem to use The Bible as defence of their views. I'd like to hope with every generation things would improve, not only with the teaching of the Bible, but with the strengh of the views the parents pass onto their kids.

• Paid Members

But where do those attitudes come from in the first place? It's very hard for me to say about the US because I'm not there, but anytime I've come across comments a hell of a lot of them seem to use The Bible as defence of their views. I'd like to hope with every generation things would improve, not only with the teaching of the Bible, but with the strengh of the views the parents pass onto their kids.

A good amount of it is the bible, true, but plenty of that is people who will wave the bible around as a defense of their prejudices, without having the actual devotion to church and church life that earlier generations could point to. And a goodish amount of them are swearin', and fornicatin', and actin' like hounds that done taken human form, can you say LAWD CHEEZUS, and at the same time judging people on their sexuality.

• Moderators
Look to the cookie.

I was thinking of that episode during when I was breaking my own 10 year vomit-less streak a few years ago.

I lost my streak too a couple years back, sadly.

And my streak was more impressive than your's because you don't drink booze :p

• Paid Members
Look to the cookie.

I was thinking of that episode during when I was breaking my own 10 year vomit-less streak a few years ago.

I lost my streak too a couple years back, sadly.

And my streak was more impressive than your's because you don't drink booze :p

True. I think there should be some kind of handicap system put in place.

• Paid Members

A good amount of it is the bible, true, but plenty of that is people who will wave the bible around as a defense of their prejudices, without having the actual devotion to church and church life that earlier generations could point to. And a goodish amount of them are swearin', and fornicatin', and actin' like hounds that done taken human form, can you say LAWD CHEEZUS, and at the same time judging people on their sexuality.

It's about power, for the most part - sex is one of the few aspects of life where people can't be forced physically to do what someone tells them, so the pressure is exerted through social, cultural and, mainly, religious avenues. I've yet to see any of those troglodytes answer the argument frequently brought up (and so wonderfully put by Jed Bartlett in The West Wing) that basing their homophobia on the Bible is pure hypocrisy, in that they often cite Leviticus to justify it, yet say nothing about the many other violations which are punishable by death, such as wearing to items of clothing of different material or colour, or planting two different crops alongside each other, nor do they mention anything about how the same segment of the Bible not only condones slavery, but even provides guidelines as to the best price to charge for selling one's own daughter.

As to Oreos, the best I ever had were the chocolate-coated ones - they seemed to have been imported from Spain, though, as I've not seen them anywhere else.

• Paid Members
What was it with the bible and not mixing things? I often seeth the kid in the mothers milk, just out of spite.

Don't have to bother with that - just keep eating pepperoni pizza or lasagne.

• Paid Members
sex is one of the few aspects of life where people can't be forced physically to do what someone tells them

False.

I mean en masse, and with the same degree of success as everything else that ends up imposed.

• Paid Members
What was it with the bible and not mixing things? I often seeth the kid in the mothers milk, just out of spite.

Don't have to bother with that - just keep eating pepperoni pizza or lasagne.

I can get both of them kosher, though.

Hmmmmm. How about beef stroganoff? Or pork chops in cream sauce?

Archived