Raw Discussion Thread 25/6/12

IANdrewDiceClay

Overall I thought it was a pretty poor show.

Aside from her obvious physical attributes I like AJ, I think she has a lot to offer WWE, however I`m not overly keen on the way she has taken centre stage in this 3 way feud between Punk, Kane and Bryan, the WWE title, supposedly the most important in Wrestling, has been forced to take a back seat whilst we are invited to twitter our our thoughts on who AJ should end up with.

Us title has become so utterly meaningless that Santinos victory over Swagger barely even registered with me.

I liked the contract on a pole match between Del Rio and Ziggler, even if the crows was dead during the match and am looking forward to the triple threat on Smackdown. Despite it seemingly being week after week now we have Ziggler and Sheamus in a match the addition of Alberto should freshen it up a little.

Ziggler also sells that Brogue kick better than anyone.

Ecstatic to see Sid back, considering everything he has been through since he retired it was a miracle to see him in a WWE ring again. Again though gutted at the piss poor crowd and Sids lack of a monster pop. Watching again the little kid who Sid gave the first fist bump to looked as of he didn`t have a clue who Sid was.

Cena`s `huge announcement` was that he is entering MITB! Wow, be still my fucking heart. Cena, Show, Kane and Jericho :laugh: really can`t see this being a classic.

I`ve been fair enjoying Raw over the last few weeks but last nights was the poorest I`ve seen in a while. One shining light though is Heath Slater, he really seems to have found his niche playing this cocky loud mouth one man baaaannnd role. More of him please.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sid was great.

The most interesting thing in WWE right now is AJ

I cant tell you how much i hated Santino vs Swagger its was everything thats wrong with RAW in one short shitty match, I loved Show killing clay then twating him again for laughs.

Jericho is dull as ever, and Cena in MITB? Guess we have a winner then.

Add me to the Sid and Vader for tag champs idea!

Ecstatic to see Sid back, considering everything he has been through since he retired it was a miracle to see him in a WWE ring again. Again though gutted at the piss poor crowd and Sids lack of a monster pop. Watching again the little kid who Sid gave the first fist bump to looked as of he didn`t have a clue who Sid was.

The last time Sid was seen on WWE tv was before a large amount of people in that audience were born, so it's harsh to call them piss poor for not giving him a huge ovation.

Combine that with the fact that he was never especially over in any of his previous WWE spells, maybe some of the people there who did remember him weren't arsed either.

• Paid Members
The most interesting thing in WWE right now is AJ

Says more about the current storylines than it does her, I'd say. If you have Daniel Bryan and CM Punk feuding, two wrestlers who can talk, who can wrestle and have chemistry, some weird faced nerd bird shouldn't be the featured attraction in the storyline. Whether its Michael Cole, Johnny Ace, Vickie Guerrero or AJ, none wrestlers seem to be the centre piece of Raw these days. The wrestlers are like a second thought.

As far as Sid goes, we all were commenting in chat about how good Sid was at dragging a reaction out of the fans. Hardline Sid-o-maniacs, like Me, Butch and Cleetus held our hands up and admitted the reaction was piss poor. Nobody knew who he was. But Sid got them going. Thats why the old school workers are so good. They know how to get themselves over. His mannerisms and fist bumping worked in 1990, 1997 and will always work.

Probably why people like Ryback. He isn't a very good wrestler, but those little movements and facial expressions and screams are so much better than the norm.

Combine that with the fact that he was never especially over in any of his previous WWE spells, maybe some of the people there who did remember him weren't arsed either.

Out babyfaced Hogan in 1992, embarrassed Shawn Michaels in 1996, got more cheers than Bret Hart in early 97 and got the crowd chanting "Goldberg sucks" in 1999. Sid was always over. Butch explained his weird charisma great before.

The last time Sid was seen on WWE tv was before a large amount of people in that audience were born, so it's harsh to call them piss poor for not giving him a huge ovation.

I thought the crowd was poor all night, most notably during the Del Rio/ Ziggler match and of course Sids return. That`s not harsh, it`s an observation.

Also, Sid was never especially over? Ok then.

• Paid Members
As far as Sid goes, we all were commenting in chat about how good Sid was at dragging a reaction out of the fans. Hardline Sid-o-maniacs, like Me, Butch and Cleetus held our hands up and admitted the reaction was piss poor. Nobody knew who he was. But Sid got them going. Thats why the old school workers are so good. They know how to get themselves over. His mannerisms and fist bumping worked in 1990, 1997 and will always work.

Probably why people like Ryback. He isn't a very good wrestler, but those little movements and facial expressions and screams are so much better than the norm.

That's why I like Ryback, and why I enjoyed Sid. It's a good comparison. They both *get* their character and put it across well. More than can be said for a lot of guys these days and for quite a lot of the last few years.

That said, while Sid was a lot of fun, he looked way too tentative to ever be back full-time, obviously. He'll probably show up on episode 1000 and maybe now and again after that.

I liked Cena's Star Wars promo. Pissing-about Cena can be funny when he's given material that he clearly thinks is funny. This was a million miles away from that awful "LOSER" stuff with Laurinaitis.

Not bad show allround

Punk vs Bryan should be another good 'un, to keep it fresh it would've been nice if it was a submission or 30min Iron man (easy done since most guys will be in the mitb) match

I can see Cena winning mitb then facing punk at SummerSlam.

Jericho's return was decent enough and served its purpose, thought we might of seen the return of Jerishow but guess not or maybe later?

• Paid Members
Had Sid "surprise" spoilt on twitter! Bugger.

I had it spoiled by this:

As soon as i heard Sid's music play i could picture BarbarIAN and Butch doing a merry dance all round their houses and powerbombing their dogs!!!! Was a fun segment for sure..just wish Slater would stop giving it away by paraphrasing the legends....it ruins the moment the music hits

Why no-one told him to stop doing it after the Vader incident, I don't know.

Had Sid "surprise" spoilt on twitter! Bugger.

I had it spoiled by this:

As soon as i heard Sid's music play i could picture BarbarIAN and Butch doing a merry dance all round their houses and powerbombing their dogs!!!! Was a fun segment for sure..just wish Slater would stop giving it away by paraphrasing the legends....it ruins the moment the music hits

Why no-one told him to stop doing it after the Vader incident, I don't know.

As if Slater gets to go off-script.

• Paid Members

It wouldn't mind Cena winning the MITB halfway through the show and cashing it in before the WWE title match to make it a Triple Threat match. Cena's definitely not doing a quick 40 second cash in. He'll put his case up like RVD did. Anything less would make him look like a complete dick.

That said, while Sid was a lot of fun, he looked way too tentative to ever be back full-time, obviously. He'll probably show up on episode 1000 and maybe now and again after that.

Yeah, I just watched the match on Youtube and was surprised at the lack of intensity. For someone who has gone on and on for years about wanting one more run in the company he could have at least spit his fucking gum out!

Well that's a fucking lie, obviously. Getting a massive babyface pop for destroying Michaels the night after Mania 11 when he was supposed to be the big monster heel? Being a bigger face than Hulk Hogan in 91/92? Blowing the bastard roof off the shop at International Incident as a last minute replacement for one of the biggest babyfaces of all time? The ECW mutants sweating violently through their XXXL "TO THE EXTREME" t-shirts because a megastar had finally arrived to smack the fuck out of some of their usual nerds? So cool in late 96 that he made the two biggest WWF superstar faces since Hogan (Michaels and Bret) look like bitch heels in need of a good kicking?

You always talk bollocks, but don't talk bollocks about Sid.

EDIT: Just noticed Ian already hit most of the above points, sorry. But still, have a word with yourself.

Archived