WWE announces debut of a new TV show

Big Rob

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ion-debuts-wwe-main-event

WWE and ION Television have announced a new weekly original series airing Wednesday nights at 8/7 CT. WWE Main Event will debut Oct. 3, 2012, and the one-hour program will feature WWE Superstars and Divas from the rosters of Raw and SmackDown. The new show will be available in 100 million U.S. television households on ION Television.

Till I read the last page I thought it may be another programme being shot at Full Sail to use that place more and get the small venue / studio concept out there. Worried it will be nothing more than a superstars relaunch now which will last a few months then just be international TV

Doubt that its for the cruiserweight show, surely that would be called "WWE - Mid Card At Best"

*pictures of world/wwe title holders who were/are treated like mid-carders*

Swing and a miss.

Actually I think you proved his point.

So that's Ziggler who held it for an hour in some random storyline twist, and Christian who held it for 5 weeks total over 2 reigns, the 2nd of which was due to a daft DQ stipulation which gave him no credibility at all

The point was being made about Cruiserweights being main eventers, which all of the above have been at some point or another. And if you want to selectively pick at their title reigns, they're currently pushing Punk as having an extremely long run as WWE Champion.

I cant recall many of those guys being promoted as being cruisers in WWE anyway, apart from Rey obviously, and possibly Christian at one point way back. Sure, some of them aren't heavyweights in the true sense of the word, but if you are just counting people who are 'light', then you could also include Shawn Michaels, whose real weight would have put him in the cruiser division during his first world title reign.

Someone who isn't heavy, isn't necessarily a 'cruiserweight'

So far as I am concerned, my point stands, even though it wasn't really a point, just a joke.

• Paid Members

Exactly. His point wasn't that they were never successful main eventers, it's that get to the mid-card "at best", which is demonstrably wrong. If he'd made the point about successful main eventers, then I'd have omitted all of the above in favour of this:

HBK_Classic_24.jpg

..and that would have been wrong. Shawn has never been promoted as a cruiserweight - thats what I was getting at there.

Of the people you posted pics of, as far as I can recall, only Rey & Christian were ever promoted as a cruiserweight in WWF/E, as the people in this new show are rumoured to be.

I'll accept Rey & Christian - who were at one time booked as cruiserweights, and did go on to the main-event. None of your other examples did that..... but again, it wasn't a point, it was a throwaway gag (Which clearly has some merit, despite 2 exceptions) that has been dissected far too much already

• Paid Members

Yeah, I was aiming for throwaway gag too. But anyway, that's a fair enough point post-cruiserweight title. While we're on the subject, I'm sure Hardy was a light-heavyweight title contender too at one point.

Archived