Jerry Lynn

Flash

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has over-rated matches with RVD, and forgettable matches with everyone else. Never made any sort of impact, and looks like the guy from Nickelback.

Oh, you're just so funny.

Not really, youre an annoying little shit.

• Paid Members
Has over-rated matches with RVD, and forgettable matches with everyone else. Never made any sort of impact, and looks like the guy from Nickelback.

I'd take that more to heart if you weren't such a shit arse, who can't even spell where he's from. Also, I'm right.

He did a training seminar at Grand Pro back in 2003. He helped out everyone at every level and ended up doing the international spot with 30 people in a row without even breaking a sweat! Later that afternoom we had a Q and A and no question was ignored, great guy on the whole.

I'd take that more to heart if you weren't such a shit arse, who can't even spell where he's from. Also, I'm right.

No you're not, except about the Belfast bit

I loved Jerry Lynn, my favourite wrestler back in the ECW days as he always had one of / the best match on the card and ultimately that's what it's about for me. I thought at the time his matches with RVD were mind blowing, granted they probably don't have the same impact today as wrestling has evolved over the years, but they still stand up to what other companies are putting out. He never got the rewards or chances his talent deserved and I thought his last ROH run and brief title run was great, his title win over Nigel and blood soaked epic with Roderick Strong stand out as 2 of the best matches in his career despite the fact he was in his mid to late 40's at the time.

Really looking forward to seeing him over for IPW, think he will genuinely retire from his recent interviews, so glad he will have one last chance to see him in the UK before he retires.

Always liked Lynn. As dull as he is on the mic he almost always puts on a great match and I've spoken to him at a couple of shows he always seems very down to earth and has a lot of time for the fans. You can tell he loves what he does even when it doesnt have the big company perks and its rare to see someone who's been there, gone back to the indy's and doesnt even have a hint of bitterness about him.

he stated on the art of wrestling that he will b retiring from in ring wrestling due to the countless injuries he has but hopes for a backstage job and to do seminar's and all that stuff

• Paid Members
I know they're a bit spotty but I'd class his ECW matches (not seen any TNA ones) with RVD as great, especially the one where he finally beats him, think it's Hardcore Heaven,

It was, it was Hardcore Heaven 2000. Sort of killed as a "Lynn finally beats Van Dam" moment because he needed the turn from Scotty Anton. But that gave birth to The Clap, so it's all good.

My actual favourite match between the two was at Living Dangerously 1999, if you ignore the rubbish where the ref was going to give Lynn the belt prior to the restart (umm, that's not how it works). A lot of people thought the rematch at Hardcore Heaven '99 was better, but I thought that opinion was due to people confusing "better" with "longer" and I thought it was a bit overblown and meandered at times.

Worthy of mention is the pop RVD got when he came out to wrestle Lynn at Guilty As Charged 2001, the aggression that Lynn displayed in the heel role adding a different dynamic to their other matches, and the guts of Jerry to take a Van Terminator.

I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, he had some great matches, particularly in ECW. Often forgotten, his effort with Justin Credible from "As Good as it Gets" (I think) is a real triumph. I think this was either both guys first ECW match or very early in their runs and they work fantastically well togeter and this gets two guys the crowd were a little tentative about well on the road to being properly over. On the other hand, he can definately be a bit 'spotty' and 'indie' in the style he wrestles and lacks real personality.

In the end, I think it's possible to enjoy him as a wrestler and appreciate his matches but it's hard to really get behind him as a personality and that's why he's never really made it any further than he did.

• Paid Members

I always really rated Lynn. Had some outstanding matches with Lance Storm, RVD, Tajiri and Supercrazy in ECW, and his match with Doug Williams for the FWA circa 2003/4 was amazing. He has one of the nicest German suplexes I've seen definitely.

Archived