Best person to be the new GM of WWE....

Nick James

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I would laugh my ass off if they set that fucking laptop up on a podium again.

I tend to agree with those saying that they would actually prefer no GM on the shows at all, given that the role has been played out to death over the past ten years or so. However, with the roster so thin on star power right now, I think the GM roles would be beneficial if they helped to get some big names back on the screen.

With that in mind, I'd have Flair back as the Raw GM. The show is crying out for some big characters and he is a guy that makes sense from both business and storyline perspectives.

Paul Heyman. With the tease of him running WWE on last week's Raw, it would make perfect sense. As a "settlement" for the lawsuits, the Board caves and gives Heyman GM control. Sure, it would be yet another heel GM, but Paul E is just so great as a smarmy asshole. Plus the bias towards Lesnar would be hell interesting. It's too bad there's virtually no ECW alumni left on the roster, but for many fans that horse has been beaten to death already.

Makes sense as it can tie in with the rest of Brock's run so they can eventually leave together when his deal finishes but also leave it open for them both to return together with both having an agenda to muse over.

I'd absolutely love Johnathan Coachman to return as one of the one off GM's they are going with over the next few weeks, but for a full time role Heyman or Regal stand out. Be good if they could combine the GM with a commentary role, so Regal could do both maybe.

• Paid Members

I wish they'd scrap it as well.

It's one of the most damaging things to the product right now. They spend so much time focusing on the people running the show that it takes away from what should be important: The matches.

I'm not suggesting that they should go to an ROH style "wrestling is all that matters" but when John Laurinaitis is your top heel and has been for months then your priorities incredibly screwed up. For that matter is it any wonder that wins and losses don't matter when an Authority figure can over rule them whenever he feels like it, and dishes out the title shots on a whim.

Just ditch it, at least for a while, and have all the matches portrayed as being booked in advance with the occasional impromptu brawl. That way when Triple H or Vince come out to make a decision it'll actually mean something. In the mean time use the free TV time to actually get some heels over.

Heyman'll probably get it though which will at least keep the heat on Lesnar, I suppose.

Paul Heyman. With the tease of him running WWE on last week's Raw, it would make perfect sense. As a "settlement" for the lawsuits, the Board caves and gives Heyman GM control. Sure, it would be yet another heel GM, but Paul E is just so great as a smarmy asshole. Plus the bias towards Lesnar would be hell interesting. It's too bad there's virtually no ECW alumni left on the roster, but for many fans that horse has been beaten to death already.

Hah. That makes a lot of sense actually. Thumbs up from me.

• Paid Members
It's gonna be Vickie Guerrero with her spliting up with Ziggler any week now. Ziggler will then go on a face run.

Why would she split with Ziggler? Swagger's been made to look much more of a chump.

• Paid Members

If you think Dolph Ziggler is being used like shit now, just imagine if he turns face? They have their established babyface lineup of Cena, Punk and Sheamus (and Orton when he's back). Everyone else are comedy characters or are used to put people over. Ziggler's role is set in stone. He's a jobber to the stars. He makes people look good. If he was going to break through, they'd have done it about 18 months ago when he needed it. This poor fucker is getting to the point of no return for me. They seem to want him to be this bump machine to get everyone else over. I can't see him as a future star anymore. Which is a shame.

Archived