Best person to be the new GM of WWE....

Nick James

• Paid Members

So with the 1000th episode of Raw looming, there are Rumours that the new permenant GM will be announced at the show.

This happens every so often but who would be your pick as new permenant GM?

I'd opt for David Otunga. He's good on the mic, plays the lawyer gimmick great and I think he would be brilliant in the authority role. No doubt there will be a Wrestler vs Authority figure as per and Otunga would be able to put in a few good matches against whoever he is trying to screw over and what not.

Other option for me would be a return to the position of William Regal. He was perfect in this role just before he got done on the wellness failure and has been great over on NXT doing virtually the same job.

Who would YOU opt for? and why?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It doesn't matter. It's about 3 shows before any new authority figure is "Mr. Generic GM". John Lauranitis was entertaining as GM, much to everyone's surprise. One of the best things about him was the ambiguity in the character. It didn't take long before they gave up on that and then he was the same as anyone else. Mr Generic bad guy, way too much TV time and no-one thinking at all about booking.

• Paid Members

I agree, i don't think they really need a GM. Majority of the storylines they could possibly do have been done to death, as i mentioned in the initial post it will end up ultimately leading to a Wrestler vs Authority Figure storyline as it always does.

Vince is a great shout to return but these days he never seems to stick around long enough. Vince is golden however!

As much as I dislike Teddy Long these days, when he wasnt in a silly storyline he was great to just be used to book matches etc and thats all they need the occasional person to say this is booked etc.

I think a new face GM would be the best if they must have one. Either a non over exposed vet or even a current roster person with not much to do that could be taken seriously in the role. Although I dont think he would ever take it I think Edge would be great in the GM role as like Foley in 2000 he still has recent heat with some members of the roster so interaction is more interesting and not just GM vs annoyed worker

Itd be perfect oppurtunity for William Regal. He did mention on Twitter he had a meeting with Vince McMahon and he said he has some interesting things to think over. So maybe hes been offered the job.

Also get Paul Heyman back full time. He plays a great managers role. Would tie in with Brock Lesnar returning too so he can assist Lesnar.

WHAT

I almost jokingly suggested Teddy Long or Vicky Guerrero for how fucking shit they are. You must seriously be the only person who likes him. He's a fucking turd.

As I said I dont like him, there were elements I did like and they were more prominent to me a long time ago, perhaps before the awful Crystal storyline of 07-08. It was t having him there in a way that was to occasionally move a storyline along or book a match and nothing more where he was tolerable perhaps even good in some circumstances.

I can categorically state I do not want to see him back in a GM role again though

• Paid Members

Commissioner Miller, President Flair and President Nash are the best authority figures in wrestling, aside from Vince. So they should be the top candidates. Not that they will be, like. They could do far worse than having Regal in the role again (check out next weeks Raw and SD for proof!) but I get the feeling he'd end up doing the same thing he was in 2008, without the semi-high profile matches to go along with it.

It's pretty sad that I can't think of many new people who'd be good in the role. Del Rio would be great at it, but it's not a role I'd put him in unless he was injured.

There's only really one realistic, standout candidate. With plenty of previous experience of making a shit product worth tuning into...

TV-03-Stephanie-McMahon.jpg

Those are ratings.

Archived