Partridgemania is running wild.

Forrest

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I think Places of my Life was a bit too long. It started to drag towards the end. There were some great moments in it though. Partridge zooming around in the range rover was hilarious.I did think the start of it was a brilliant send up for those awful Michael Portillo type shows.

I'm still surprised "Places of my Life" isn't being lauded over as much, I thought it was fucking brilliant. A lot more in line with the KMKY/IAP Series 1 character than the pandering catchphrase man he made himself in IAP Series 2. The book show was okay, but more of the latter type of Alan which I'm not as big a fan of.Even weaker Partridge is a pretty high standard for most British comedy like, but I've watched that first show a few more times back and enjoy it more each time. "Is that funny?" to the Car Salesman was my favourite moment from the latest watch.

Yeah, they strayed quite a bit into Marion & Geoff with some of that stuff (and not just because it was built around him getting in and out of a car for the big reveal), but I thought it worked pretty well.

• 11 months later...

Archived