Partridgemania is running wild.

Forrest

• Paid Members

I thought it was excellent. I really enjoy the Partridge stuff that he's supposedly produced himself that isn't beholden to sitcom plots so we can see his small worldview and his petty preoccupations. Loved the bit in the market where he's made to feel small and then tries to smear the guy in the edit, and the pitch perfect stuff about Norwich local council that's made to seem exciting by him shoving open doors.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also thought it was excellent. Better than the mid morning matters series. I really hope there's more of the same to come.

It's still on sky anytime if anyone has missed it and can catch it on there.

• Paid Members
Flying Aids.

I really liked it. Im probably hoping for too much here.. but will there will be any cameo's from Lynn and Michael in the future?

Was there any reason behind Lynn not being named in the Partridge book.

She was never named as Lynn at any point, even going so far as to replace Lynn in a quote with [my assistance name].

I read it as a joke in respect to his some what aloof nature but wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Flying Aids.

I really liked it. Im probably hoping for too much here.. but will there will be any cameo's from Lynn and Michael in the future?

Was there any reason behind Lynn not being named in the Partridge book.

She was never named as Lynn at any point, even going so far as to replace Lynn in a quote with [my assistance name].

I read it as a joke in respect to his some what aloof nature but wasn't sure if I was missing something.

I think it's most likely because the book was written as a fictional autobiography by Alan Patridge, not a story based in that world. We know who Lynn is because of the sitcoms, but the 'public' in the Patridge world who would buy the book don't know her, and Alan wouldn't be the type to go out of his way to refer to her.

Flying Aids.

I think they may pop up in the film, both have not be written out in anyway, as mentioned they are both referred to in his book as still being around in recent times.

Flying Aids.

I think they may pop up in the film, both have not be written out in anyway, as mentioned they are both referred to in his book as still being around in recent times.

He was on the phone to Lynn during the Sky special last week too, so hopefully she'll make an appearance.

• Paid Members
I think it's most likely because the book was written as a fictional autobiography by Alan Patridge, not a story based in that world. We know who Lynn is because of the sitcoms, but the 'public' in the Patridge world who would buy the book don't know her, and Alan wouldn't be the type to go out of his way to refer to her.

I thought as much, just wasn't sure if I was looking at it a bit too deeply or not deeply enough and missing something there.

• Paid Members

Did anyone catch the book review show the other night then? I've seen about half hour so far. Parts of it are ok, but Coogan doesn't seem 'Partridge' enough in it for me. He comes across more like his portrayal of Tony Wilson in Twenty-four Hour Party People.

Archived