Partridgemania is running wild.

Forrest

Tonight, we are think-abouting the many new Alan Partridge things coming up including a film:

Alan Partridge to battle media giant in new movie

Writer-director Armando Iannucci reveals details about the upcoming Alan Partridge film

Alan Partridge will do battle with a media giant in his first big screen outing.

Writer-director Armando Iannucci revealed details about the film's plot at a Bafta screening for his new TV comedy Veep.

He confirmed that the film - starring Steve Coogan as the fictional radio and TV presenter - will be set in Partridge's native Norfolk.

"Alan is in Norwich. It's not 'Alan goes to Hollywood', it's not 'Alan invaded by aliens' or anything like that. He's on North Norfolk Digital, which is taken over by a media conglomerate and has its name changed to Shape. And that kicks everything off," he said.

Iannucci also said that the film's script is currently being finalised, reports the Press Association. Production will begin at the end of this year or the start of 2013.

The I'm Alan Partridge TV series last aired in 2002, but Coogan has made numerous TV and stage appearances as the hapless presenter since then. He recently appeared in Mid Morning Matters with Alan Partridge, a fly-on-the-wall mockumentary series that airs on the Foster's Funny website.

Iannucci's Veep - a political sitcom starring Seinfeld's Julia-Louis Dreyfus as the Vice President of the United States - begins on Sky Atlantic this Monday (July 25).

As well as this, we have Mid-Morning Matters on Sky Atlantic as well as two brand-new programmes:

Alan Partridge - Welcome To The Places Of My Life - http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=VvTSl8vJNYU

Alan Partridge on Open Books with Martin Bryce - http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-05-31/...n-bryce---video

Let battle commence.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's at times like this that I feel sorry for Lee and Herring, who actually created the Alan Partridge character, but receive no royalties.

What I saw of mid-morning matters was good, but not to the very high quality of the series.

I have high hopes for the movie, lets just hope his SKY stuff is good and he does not do a Harry Enifield when he moved to SKY and produce shite.

It's at times like this that I feel sorry for Lee and Herring, who actually created the Alan Partridge character, but receive no royalties.

To be fair, I think even they'd admit that the character has been massively fleshed out and is pretty far removed from the sportsdesk Partridge they wrote for On The Hour. They discuss it in a podcast this week actually, and Lee says something to the effect of "it was probably fair enough" with hindsight that they didn't get royalties when the Partridge character moved to television.

You would think that given Coogan and Iannucci's relative mainstream success, and presumably therefore wealth, they'd chuck them a financial bone for it now and then though. Especially given that Iannucci and Lee still seem pretty pally.

To be fair, I think even they'd admit that the character has been massively fleshed out and is pretty far removed from the sportsdesk Partridge they wrote for On The Hour. They discuss it in a podcast this week actually, and Lee says something to the effect of "it was probably fair enough" with hindsight that they didn't get royalties when the Partridge character moved to television.

You would think that given Coogan and Iannucci's relative mainstream success, and presumably therefore wealth, they'd chuck them a financial bone for it now and then though. Especially given that Iannucci and Lee still seem pretty pally.

Did anyone watch this on Monday?

Archived