IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 21st June 2012 **SPOILERS**

IANdrewDiceClay

Jesus christ. Never watch Mulholland Drive, your fucking head will explode.

It wasn't confusing at all.

What, mixing up the already complicated BFG Series and Open Fight Night? I think it was a total mess. I'm a huge fan of shows that are jam packed with techno-babble, timelines, alternate realities and all other kind of confusing science fiction things like that, and get them with no hassle. Always have. But the amount of different concepts I had to try to understand, mix within each other, all out of order as well was just taking the piss. Such a mess.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus christ. Never watch Mulholland Drive, your fucking head will explode.

It wasn't confusing at all.

What, mixing up the already complicated BFG Series and Open Fight Night? I think it was a total mess. I'm a huge fan of shows that are jam packed with techno-babble, timelines, alternate realities and all other kind of confusing science fiction things like that, and get them with no hassle. Always have. But the amount of different concepts I had to try to understand, mix within each other, all out of order as well was just taking the piss. Such a mess.

No it wasn't. Saying it was confusing doesn't make it confusing, it just makes you look foolish for not being able follow something relatively simple.

No it wasn't. Saying it was confusing doesn't make it confusing, it just makes you look foolish for not being able follow something relatively simple.

Saying it was confusing doesn't make it confusing, you are right. Mixing four different concepts up, integrating parts of two of them together, and then just putting parts of all of it in random places in 2 hours does.

• Paid Members

A Round Robin where the Open Fight Night is the theme for each match in the tournament and a match where a woman (i.e. fucking obvious to anyone that she's not in the tournament or indeed Open Fight Night because ... she isn't a bloke!) wrestles in a tryout for next weeks Gut Check isn't confusing at all. They are two completely different things. Gut Check isn't trying to be established. It isn't a new concept anymore. Its been going on for about 3 months now. And this is the second BGF series. People aren't thick. They can tell the difference.

Do you think they shouldn't have had Jackie vs Sable at Survivor Series 98? After all it might have confused people and thought Sable advanced to the Deadly Games tournament.

It wasn't confusing though, a guy in the BFG Series would go out and call out another guy in the Series and then they would wrestle,they just used the Open Fight Night thing as a way to kick it off. They have to wrestle anyway since it's a round robin, so why not that night?

Brooke and the knockouts, was just them talking in reality TV style and Brooke giving them a reason why they weren't getting a title shot that night and eliminating them as the night wore on, then finally Mickie James got a shot at Brooke Tessmachers title.

The gut check was just them giving some bird a tryout on live tv, to try and get a contract this week.

It was the Bound For Glory Series & Open Fight Night, being mixed together that confused me. The Women's Title Shot and Gut Check on top of all of that just made it all too much, I could tell the difference obviously, but I don't think the show needed all four in the same night. I can't see the point in Open Fight Night, when almost everyone in the BFG Series is going to end up facing each other anyway. So I'd get rid of that, then just have BFG Series how it was the week before with EITHER the Women's Title Shot OR the Gut Check. Which ever one you don't use could be used another week. It was just too much to take in, the show is much better when it's not shooting me in the head with 100 different concepts in one week.

Everybody in the BFG series will wrestle each other once, since it's a round robin. they just won't all air on TV.

James Storm's a bit far a head for my liking, he could have a little mini feud with someone, perhaps Crimson who is not in the series and he ended his streak can get him DQed and cost him 10 points for a week or two.

• Paid Members
James Storm's a bit far a head for my liking, he could have a little mini feud with someone, perhaps Crimson who is not in the series and he ended his streak can get him DQed and cost him 10 points for a week or two.

I may just be saying this because he's one of my favourites, but I actually really like the idea of Storm absolutely storming through the "regular season".

Assuming they're keeping the "playoff" at the end, they can use that to build some tension (IE Storm gets through his first opponent but with an injury that threatens his final performance, despite his excellent performance to date), but the idea of someone totally dominating a tournament like that is not common in pro wrestling, I just think it would be something a bit different.

It then of course gives you a BFG main event against Roode that, even leaving aside their long personal history, pits two red-hot guys who have beaten everyone put in front of them over recent times.

• Paid Members

Chalk up another person here who wasn't confused by the different concepts in the show. It's pretty easy for anyone with half a brain to understand.

I don't believe you honestly have a problem with it, Dillkid, given that you seem to have been able to identify the separate concepts in your posts. If you were genuinely confused, I think you'd be asking a lot more questions. To be frank, I think you're just looking for reasons to complain like you usually do - to what purpose, I have no idea.

Yeah, he wasn't confused at all. At least, I hope not, as that would suggest unbelievable stupidity on his part. He saw that the majority of posters in this thread were pretty negative towards this episode and in typical Dillkid fashion, went with the general consensus and made up a list of reasons as to why he didn't like it.

I don't think I've seen a single individual opinion from him ever (apart from the 'BFG and OFN are confusing!' opinion, which as we've established, is complete shit).

Whatever, I've said my part and why I didn't enjoy it as much as previous weeks. I'll leave it there now becuase I don't want a big argument over a TV Show.

:laugh:

But you didn't "say your part" and graciously "leave it". You repeated your point four times and walked off saying "whatever" after failing to convince anyone otherwise.

You just saying "I don't want a big argument over a TV show" right now is the equivalent of punching a guy in the face and immediately walking off saying "I don't want to have a fight with anyone tonight thanks."

I get what your saying.... on paper combining two elements (Fight Night / BFGS) on a potentially stacked show (GutCheck) might seem a lot... but in practice most found it worked fine.

I get what your saying.... on paper combining two elements (Fight Night / BFGS) on a potentially stacked show (GutCheck) might seem a lot... but in practice most found it worked fine.

That was all that I meant, and that I wasn't part of the "most" and that it actually did feel to be too much for myself. I just don't want a big conflict over it though!

Yeah come on Dill, have a word with yourself.

The mixing of the two concepts worked fantastically I thought, and they even had Hogan cut that brilliant promo about Jeff and RVD obviously being favourites because everybody feared them. That was a fantastic way of completely reversing the billy-no-mates stink they both had on them from not being chosen by anybody else.

Archived