IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 21st June 2012 **SPOILERS**

IANdrewDiceClay

The thing that I loved about the show was that they made the Open Fight Night part of the BFG Series, so instead of just doing basic "X vs Y" matches, they had them come out and lay down a challenge for good reasons (Joe vs Storm over last's week's battle royal, Magnus picking AJ because he was off his game, etc.) It really made me invest more in the matches.

Yeah, that was really cool. That sort of thing was the most pleasing part of the show for me. They did in the same in the Knockouts segments where Madison wasn't focused enough to get a title shot because of the mystery admirer angle etc. It's simple enough stuff but it's also good writing and wrestling doesn't do that often enough. It means that everything on the show has some sort of purpose.

Overall, an enjoyable show other than the really shit ending. Aries and Hogan had another good segment and the X-Division Champion getting a title shot every year will make things involving that title a lot more interesting in the months leading up to Destination X.

The matches were a bit rushed but this was the first time I've seen an Open Fight Night episode and I like the concept.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got done watching the show, and as much as I've been enjoying TNA recently, this was way below the quality I've become accustomed to from them. Whilst I enjoyed some parts, there was just something different about this episode. It just all felt squeezed in, like they had too much in one episode. I would have held off Gut Check until next week, and the Knockout Title shot until the week after. It was confusing enough having the BFG Series and Open Fight Night matches in the same show, but you had the other two concepts fit around each other as well and it was just too much to take in.

None of the matches stood out as being that good, I guess the Kurt Angle squash was decent for what it was worth. I'm quite looking forward to Roode/Aries still, though Anderson coming out to the usual awkward silence at the end of the segment wasn't needed. Brooke Hogan's alright, I think she comes across fine. The ending was just useless though, the woman that they brought was just such a terrible actor. Her tears where embarrassing, and she kept on looking directly into the hard camera which made it come across even more phony than it already was. Hopefully something can save this angle, but I don't know how they can. I was thinking maybe AJ and Dixie where still actually having an affair, and they brought the girl out to trick everyone. But when the camera cut to the back, that showed Daniels & Kaz they were yelling "What's she doing here?!!" as if they knew the whole time.

Still miles better than Raw though, at least I'll remember this show by the time I watch the next episode. I couldn't tell you a single thing that happened on Raw last week.

I just got done watching the show, and as much as I've been enjoying TNA recently, this was way below the quality I've become accustomed to from them. Whilst I enjoyed some parts, there was just something different about this episode. It just all felt squeezed in, like they had too much in one episode. I would have held off Gut Check until next week, and the Knockout Title shot until the week after. It was confusing enough having the BFG Series and Open Fight Night matches in the same show, but you had the other two concepts fit around each other as well and it was just too much to take in.

None of the matches stood out as being that good, I guess the Kurt Angle squash was decent for what it was worth. I'm quite looking forward to Roode/Aries still, though Anderson coming out to the usual awkward silence at the end of the segment wasn't needed. Brooke Hogan's alright, I think she comes across fine. The ending was just useless though, the woman that they brought was just such a terrible actor. Her tears where embarrassing, and she kept on looking directly into the hard camera which made it come across even more phony than it already was. Hopefully something can save this angle, but I don't know how they can. I was thinking maybe AJ and Dixie where still actually having an affair, and they brought the girl out to trick everyone. But when the camera cut to the back, that showed Daniels & Kaz they were yelling "What's she doing here?!!" as if they knew the whole time.

Still miles better than Raw though, at least I'll remember this show by the time I watch the next episode. I couldn't tell you a single thing that happened on Raw last week.

Im sure they can save the story somehow. I mean it wasnt a spectacularly gripping storyline anyway, the affair thing was a bit boring and im sure people are tired of Dixie on screen but it was really made decent by Daniels and Kazarian doing decent promos and in general being complete knobs to Dixie and AJ all the while AJ was losing his bottle in matches. Im sure they'll do something decent* on Thursday...and anyway there is still plenty of good stuff there to see.

*I reserve the right to rescind this statement if it sucks.

• Paid Members
I just got done watching the show, and as much as I've been enjoying TNA recently, this was way below the quality I've become accustomed to from them. Whilst I enjoyed some parts, there was just something different about this episode. It just all felt squeezed in, like they had too much in one episode.

Agree. Have really been enjoying TNA the last few weeks but this was the exact problem with this episode, far too busy. Hoping for a return to form next week.

• Paid Members
and heres Madison after her win!

AwH6PGwCQAAreAh.jpg

I used to fancy Madison Rayne once upon a time. Now, in that picture, I find her repulsive.

Well that's her life in ruins.

She does have a sword though... don't be so picky :)

I liked the Gut Check bout and dig Taeler Hendrix's look.

Shuggy

plus 1 for that except i would have liked the hood over first and then the reveal on the intro, made it seem a bit daft just to pull it over and then take it straight off. Liked Tara's approach of "you arent coming into my yard" to try and get her over. Few spots mistimed but hey it was still better than a diva's match

she'll get signed i think.

Late to getting round to watching the show, but all in all I enjoyed it. The last segment was just as crap as everybody said it was, but the rest of the show was as entertaining as the rest of TNA has been lately. Roode/Aries at the next PPV is a Roode Main Event I actually want to watch (in contrast to Slammiversary, where the result was nailed on and the match was destined to be boring), the Gut Check bird was okay, and the Open Fight Night/BFG Series tie in was tremendous. The biggest joy I get out of TNA at the moment is the sense of purpose everybody has, which is only highlighted because so few people in WWE have it right now. Everybody on this show had a reason to be there and a reason to be doing what they're doing.

The thumbs stay right up for me, and as per usual, looking forward to the next episode.

It was confusing enough having the BFG Series and Open Fight Night matches in the same show, but you had the other two concepts fit around each other as well and it was just too much to take in.

Jesus christ. Never watch Mulholland Drive, your fucking head will explode.

It wasn't confusing at all.

Archived