IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 21st June 2012 **SPOILERS**

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

A good show ruined by a "Rikishi is the driver" style climax to the Styles and Dixie angle. Honestly, this can't possibly be the end to it, because the reveal (wait for it) that Dixie and AJ were keeping a secret from everyone because they were helping some smackhead get off drugs was weak as piss. I'm all for storyline bullshit, but who is this bitch? Its one thing if it was Necro Butcher and they were helping him get his kid back from the social after one to many drug busts, but this lass hasn't been seen ever. Why should we give a shit about her? Poor Abyss went missing and they didn't even bother to have a chat with Joseph Park for more than a minute, but they'll help her out? I imagine something will go down next week, because as I say this must have more to it than that shit.

The show itself was really good. The matches were for the most part good TV matches. And the Austin Aries "Option C" (where the X division champion recieved a title shot at Destination X every year) made the title seem like a bigger goal to reach for in 2013. And it looks like Crazy Mickie James is coming back, so all that makes it a worthy show. But Brooke Hogan and Dixie Carter are the worst actors on telly and there was way to much of them. They just bring the whole show down when they come onscreen.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Another good episode, and even the vague ending was better than most of what happened on RAW. There will be more to this, even this reveal was vague enough to ask more questions. I don't really find Brooke Hogan that hard to tolerate for some reason. All good matches as well, nice slow start to the BFG series. No Devon though :( (Guess he'll do his shit on Xplosion)

Just read the results and that ending (reading it anyway) came across as weird.

However there seems to be a great opportunity for them to really string this along. Have one party going to say "we were helping this druggie" and the other party go "BULLSHIT! This a cover up, you two are shagging!!"

Seems like a great wrestling heavy show. Will look forward to watching this when I get five minutes.

One thing I do like, that unlike WWE, TNA are doing a great job of having multiple storylines going on (some of which are sowing seeds for future storylines), whilst WWE tend to focus on one big storyline. At first I thought WWE's approach was better, but in the long run TNA are really reaping the benefits of having multiple and interesting storylines going on:

- The rise of Austin Aries.

- The James Storm / Bobby Roode fued

- Sting being attacked by masked men

- The AJ controversy

- Where is Abyss?

- The Bound For Glory Series.

If they keep this very sensible and logical approach to wrestling, I think we've got some decent TV coming up.

• Paid Members

That closing segment. What the fuck? Seriously, that has to be some kind of joke. I'm not familiar with Junkies Anonymous, but I'm pretty sure the people supporting you through it don't have to be pretending to have an affair so it will work. If I'm wrong, then they've got a pretty fucking convoluted way of getting people clean "Step 1: get the person paying for your rehab to start a fake affair with a co-worker. Even going to the trouble of getting caught kissing. This way if some of her other colleagues, or the millions of people watching her television show start to suspect something is up, the last thing they'll think of is that, you, the pregnant women who nobody has ever heard of until now, is actually in rehab."

Thanks for a decent few weeks tv, TNA. I'm out, again. You fucking mongoloids.

That closing segment. What the fuck? Seriously, that has to be some kind of joke. I'm not familiar with Junkies Anonymous, but I'm pretty sure the people supporting you through it don't have to be pretending to have an affair so it will work. If I'm wrong, then they've got a pretty fucking convoluted way of getting people clean "Step 1: get the person paying for your rehab to start a fake affair with a co-worker. Even going to the trouble of getting caught kissing. This way if some of her other colleagues, or the millions of people watching her television show start to suspect something is up, the last thing they'll think of is that, you, the pregnant women who nobody has ever heard of until now, is actually in rehab."

No, but surely they wouldn't want to tell the truth to save embarrassing the girl on live national tv.

Go on... Give it another chance you great big grump!

• Paid Members

I'm done watching their telly and trying to keep up with everything. Now it's back to just reading the results and checking out the stuff I fancy. I gave them another chance and I've been burned. That was one of the worst segments I've ever seen, no exaggeration, and I can't see any way that the follow-up to it won't be horrible as well.

Besides, it's not like it was the only thing on the show I didn't enjoy. It was FAR too Knockouts heavy. Giving a piss Mickie James match more time than any of the proper wrestlers got is pretty insulting in the first place. Then to end the show with that on top of it. No chance I'm sticking around if that's their idea of good telly.

I'm done watching their telly and trying to keep up with everything. Now it's back to just reading the results and checking out the stuff I fancy. I gave them another chance and I've been burned. That was one of the worst segments I've ever seen, no exaggeration, and I can't see any way that the follow-up to it won't be horrible as well.

Besides, it's not like it was the only thing on the show I didn't enjoy. It was FAR too Knockouts heavy. Giving a piss Mickie James match more time than any of the proper wrestlers got is pretty insulting in the first place. Then to end the show with that on top of it. No chance I'm sticking around if that's their idea of good telly.

:laugh:

What a bloody drama queen.

Also, what happened to Devon "must" defend his title every week on Impact?

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the show, and thought that though the reveal by AJ and Dixie was a poor segment, it's obviously not the end of the storyline. They're not going to have this slow burning storyline and then end it on an episode of Impact with some unknown druggie being revealed. I think this is how they turn AJ heel. They had him shitting himself all night, and I think they'll have him forcing Dixie to hire an actress or a mate to come out and lie for them.

A good show but nothing special like I was hoping for with the many angles that are going on at the moment. I really liked seeing the 'Option C' from Aries and it really makes himself and the X-Division title look strong. I just cannot think who will end up being the next champion and also how good is Aries? We all say it every week and he really does seem unique.

I thought that new bird wasn't too bad apart from being abit green she was alright looking aswell. Did anyone think Tara looked really fit this week?

Magnus looked good and its always good to see him. I've got the feeling him The Pope and Hardy will do well in the BFG series this year

I'm sort of sick of seeing Hardy/RVD/Anderson floating around the show and not really doing anything. Saying that though I was shocked to see fatty boy Rob do the 450 from the top rope.

The ending segment felt abit weak. Maybe it will turn out that AJ paid the 'junkie' to say that? Then developing into his much needed heel turn. Dixie is a poor actor but so was that bird acting as the junkie. Also talking about poor Brooke Hogan is terrible she looked like a mong looking at a photo album of the Knockouts. You would have thought it may have been a bio she was looking at not a fucking photo the daft cunt.

Not seen the show but is the druggie young enough to possibily be Dixie Carters daughter ???

And some how AJ Styles is helping Dixie Carter re unite with her estranged daughter and help get her better ? And they end up getting in trouble with those masked men who attacked Sting as the druggie daughter owes those men a lot of money and as Sting represents traditional Christian values they targeted him to send out a warning to Dixie, AJ and the druggie that they need to pay up soon or theyll soon be the next victims

A long shot....

I haven't watched the show yet so can't comment on that specifically, but I get where Cleetus is coming from with this. Ian pointed it out a while ago, due to so many occurrences of disastrous and abusive booking, TNA are always on a hair-trigger "last warning" with a lot of people, myself included.

I was a pretty loyal and dedicated TNA follower 02-10 give or take periods where I wasn't able to watch it for various reasons, but the product had such a habit of fucking you in the arse as a viewer, there comes a point where you have to say when. I gave up not long after Jeff Hardy's heel turn bore no fruit whatsoever, came back around this time last year for the BFG build up, and then fucked off again after that Pay-Per-View left me about as angry as I'd been watching wrestling since I was about 16.

Like many, I've loved the TNA product the last month or so, but like Cleets, I've got no patience if it goes to shite either. Things backstage may be different now, so this may not be a typical TNA arse-over-tit style pay off, this could just be a middle of the story device. But my faith in TNA is absolutely wafer thin, and they'll need to do hardly anything wrong for a good six months or so to win any semblance of that back. If this segment is as big meltdown as some have said, it would go a long way to putting me off again too, especially if the other stuff I like isn't much cop.

• Paid Members

On a brighter note, I forgot to mention, the druggy girl is pregnant. So I'm assuming (since this is a wrestling show, remember) someone on the TNA roster has knocked her up and turned her to drugs. I was so infuriated with the bad acting in the segment, I actually missed that part.

Maybe its the druggy AJ has been banging and not Dixie. It was a terrible segment, but rewatching it back (which in fairness you shouldn't have to do), there's actually more questions than answers to this story. Which is good. I just would have preferred a better segment. Impact was really good, though. The matches on the show all meant something and the opening promo was typical A Double.

• Paid Members

I think the final segment wouldn't have been so bad if they actually hired a decent actress. As we all know, whiny promos = boos. This can't be the pay-off though, surely? As Ian stated, there are hopefully more twists to come.

The rest of the show was a treat, so the final segment was like a canyon worth of cold water over your puss.

The Aries/Roode/Hogan stuff is some great wrestling telly. It helps it's a match I want to see. The "option C" title stip is a great move.

AJ/Angle v Daniels/Kaz next week, woof!

Archived