London Theatre Bookings

John Matrix

• Paid Members

Considering the theatre and a night in a good London hotel for my upcoming wedding anniversary.

Never done anything like it before but i know it's a reasonably popular thing, anyone booked package deals before and want to point me in the right direction?

I can piece everything together and book it all seperately, but wondered whether there was anywhere decent that might do the hard work for me (pushed for time as opposed to cant be arsed!)

Cheers.

Not really answering your question but make sure you check out any tickets you are offered in a deal on theatremonkey.com. You sometimes find that ticket packages are the poor value for money ones they can't shift on their own.

• Awards Moderator

Superbreak tend to do really good ones, though I can't tell you that from experience as I've never gone for a full theatre package from them - I always tend to book things separately.

In terms of quality seats, a lot of it will depend what you see - for instance, there's not a bad seat in the house for The 39 Steps or War Horse, and Les Miserables will give you a decent view whether you have a

Im doing a similar thing for my anniversary this sunday, we get our tickets from a box office in leistersquare, we got tickets for 'we will rock you' on the day for about half the price.

TKTS? i got a similar deal there for WWRY last year, amongst others

Used superbreak to go to TNA in London and was pleased. Got a good 3 star hotel for two nights and had first class train return from Glasgow to London for

• Paid Members

Go see Rock of Ages, apart from anything else it's the best show in London and you can get some cheap on the day seats in the front section of the stalls.

Anyway, musicals are fucking lame. Go see a real play.

This.

I hate it when people at work come up to me and say "You like going to the theatre don't you? Take it you'll be off to see Ghost/Phantom/other shit". Just because it is on at a theatre doesn't mean it IS theatre.

Im doing a similar thing for my anniversary this sunday, we get our tickets from a box office in leistersquare, we got tickets for 'we will rock you' on the day for about half the price.

If buying in Leicester square make sure you only use TKTS which is the booth in the centre of the square as more than likely the other booths scattered around will rip you off. I worked in the dominion theatre (home of we will rock you) for years and would constantly have people come in with a

Go see Rock of Ages, apart from anything else it's the best show in London and you can get some cheap on the day seats in the front section of the stalls.

Rock of Ages is great fun, don't be put off by how shit the film looks!

• Paid Members

Really useful stuff so far, thank you!

On another note, anyone know of a site which might tell me if there are any shows on with 'names' in the cast? It's not necessarily an issue, but if there were a show on that also had someone we are familiar with in the cast, that might just add to the experience a little.

Thanks again.

• Moderators
Anyway, musicals are fucking lame. Go see a real play.

This.

I hate it when people at work come up to me and say "You like going to the theatre don't you? Take it you'll be off to see Ghost/Phantom/other shit". Just because it is on at a theatre doesn't mean it IS theatre.

I do have to add that this is a general rule that will have a few exceptions though... I'm annoyed at myself that I never got around to seeing the Fela Kuti musical (I blame the fact that there was an exclaimation mark in the title that put me off going), and I reckon I would probably enjoy Avenue Q.

That's a fair point, Chest. I guess that on the way to my work, I pass the Palace Theatre which constantly shows these crass, cash in musical shite which annoys me greatly. Currently they are advertising "I Dreamed A Dream - The Susan Boyle Musical" starring Elaine C Smith As Susan Boyle with guest appearance from Susan Boyle herself. Not sure how that one will work and I don't want to find out.

Archived