Tag Team Splits

Direct Impact

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rockers split was and will always be the greatest tag team split of all time...

jannetty-michaels-barber-shop.jpg

But why oh why oh why didn't Beefcake help him!!! :angry:

Strike Force in '89 was quite good and the fact it played out on a big show too (WM V) if you watch the TV shows from the time you can see hgow it developed. It's a shame they didn't do more when the Twin Towers split up considering what a major team they'd been against the Mega Powers.

• Paid Members
The Rockers split was and will always be the greatest tag team split of all time...

jannetty-michaels-barber-shop.jpg

But why oh why oh why didn't Beefcake help him!!! :angry:

He didn't want a wardrobe malfunction, can you remember his outfit....shudder

Was Beefcake not still recovering from the paragliding accident at this stage?

It's a shame they didn't do more when the Twin Towers split up considering what a major team they'd been against the Mega Powers.

The angle which led to their breakup was still great though, even though one of them had barely any involvement in it. The segment with the Brother Love Show and Jake handcuffed to the rope was excellent.

Can't really think of anything that comes anywhere close to The Rockers, or as mentioned above, the Mega Powers if they counted.

HBK/Diesel in 1994 was pretty great, but despite being tag champs, they weren't exactly a regular team.

The Doom breakup was ok too, the interview with the kid straight afterwards was also pretty funny

• Paid Members

I also want to mention my love for the *almost* split of Owen and Smithers. The simmering underlying tension was brilliant as they clashed on seemingly EVERYTHING from Owen's nefarious methods of retaining the belts, to Bulldog seemingly wanting to help Bret against Austin and Owen obviously not, to the firing of Clarence Mason, and the use of the European title as seemingly the final flashpoint. Superly worked, especially that Headbangers match where it all kicked off, Owen nearly walking out on Davey and then eventually the brawl that ensued.

My least favourite split of all time was Deuce and Domino, purely because on SmackDown the commentators seemed to act like it was a big deal, and that I should care, when they'd never given me any reason to. Bossman and Albert splitting up provoked similar apathy, especially when Bossman started tagging with Buchanan instead. Yawn. Why did they always hook Bossman up with these terrible tag team partners, I know for a fact he had Akeem on speed dial.

Was Beefcake not still recovering from the paragliding accident at this stage?

I have always found it strange that it took Brutus two and a half years to decide his face was up to wrestling again. People have recovered from broken necks quicker.

• Paid Members

Kobashi and Akiyama's split and consequent feud at the beginning of NOAH was dynamite at the time. Great matches, and you got a real feeling of hatred between the two.

Beer Money has been done amazingly well, up until the moment Roode looked at the beer bottle, they seemed to be working so well. They seemed to be having a match based on sportsmanship. The fact that the fued looks like it'll last just under the year for Storm to regain the title looks promising

Archived