Ambition

Jetta's G-string

this follows on from the laziness thread that was up recently. So basically do you have ambition or are you just happy to plod along through life?

I think i have ambition to a degree. I have an ok job, and i work hard in order to progress to management level. Once I get there though i think i'll be happy with that as the managers job is decent pay and you get good comapny benefits.

this follows on from the laziness thread that was up recently. So basically do you have ambition or are you just happy to plod along through life?

I think i have ambition to a degree. I have an ok job, and i work hard in order to progress to management level. Once I get there though i think i'll be happy with that as the managers job is decent pay and you get good comapny benefits.

I had ambition but after 2 years after my degree ive lost all drive hit depression and so forth. I'm not lazy I do try and keep trying.

• Paid Members

I'd say I'm ambitious. But I don't know if I'd mix my definition of ambitious with hard-working. I know that in life, if I want something I've got to work with it. Hinging your life on winning the Lottery isn't exactly a failsafe plan.

• Paid Members

I have no real direction, i like to think of myself as a hard worker and i get satisfaction out of knowing that ive done my job well, but im not attached to it to the point where i really care about it. I get my head down, get it done and shut off. My interests outside of work are what keep me going, music, film and sports. I'm pretty excited every week about something that's going down on the weekends (usually fights), i always think that fills the void of actual ambition.

Dunno if that's the right way to be but it's served me alright up until this point.

Ambition is great as long as its controlled, because ambition can be a double edged sword.

For example, with me i'd class myself as too ambitious, which is good in some ways because i'm always striving to succeed and build my business. However, the negative side of it is that i'm never happy with what I have, once i've achieved something i'm always left with a feeling of "That's good, but I could have more" hence i'm never truly satisfied with my achievements.

I have no real direction, i like to think of myself as a hard worker and i get satisfaction out of knowing that ive done my job well, but im not attached to it to the point where i really care about it. I get my head down, get it done and shut off. My interests outside of work are what keep me going, music, film and sports. I'm pretty excited every week about something that's going down on the weekends (usually fights), i always think that fills the void of actual ambition.

Dunno if that's the right way to be but it's served me alright up until this point.

I think that sums up me. Just finished Uni last year. Im not ambitious in my job but I work hard, it isn't my life or anything and i dont take it seriously but when im there i give it my all and that's all you can ask. Id love to find a fulfilling and worthwhile job but im not entirely sure what that is yet...I reckon if I found the right thing I could be ambitious and determined to make whatever it is succeed etc.

Im ambitious in other areas though, like im doing a half marathon in a few weeks time, then after that hoping to do a marathon and a triathlon too. Also am learning to play guitar and ambitious in the sense that if I ever find another girlfriend I'll do the relationship thing right. Pretty much my ambitions are to be a good person and treat people good generally just be happy all around.

Thats pretty much my ambitions

Not really.

I work hard at my job and I could probably become a manager but I don't think the extra responsibility is worth the hassle. My interests aren't expensive (music, tv, drinking) and I've just bought a small semi-detached house in the village I grew up in. My mam and dad live around the corner and a lot of my childhood friends are starting to settle down here too. I prefer this kind of stability to risking everything on chasing a dream.

• Paid Members

I'm quite apathetic, I suppose. I have a degree of ambition and I know the work you need to put in and that, but it's the amount of bollocks you have to put up with to get there (and stay there).

I'm happy with making a so so living doing something I want to do. Can't say I've ever been arsed (as an adult) with being famous, or super rich doing a job that eats up all my time and/or makes me hate life.

Depends on in what field

Work wise I'm ambitious. Don't like getting stagnant, and see the top of the organisation as to where I want to be. May change with time, as nearing 30 and may run outta time.

Personal wise happy with my life, have good friends and don't see marriage/ home ownership as somewhere you have to be to have a successful life. Happiness is my measure, and I'm In a good place these days

Sports wise took up running last year, set targets to get quicker and happy to have shortened my half marathon time by 17 mins from my first to third race. Would like to be excellent at a sport, but at 29 just want to improve where I can and enjoy it more. Wowed myself targets when playing 7 aside as it makes me concentrate better on the game.

Depends on in what field

Work wise I'm ambitious. Don't like getting stagnant, and see the top of the organisation as to where I want to be. May change with time, as nearing 30 and may run outta time.

Personal wise happy with my life, have good friends and don't see marriage/ home ownership as somewhere you have to be to have a successful life. Happiness is my measure, and I'm In a good place these days

Sports wise took up running last year, set targets to get quicker and happy to have shortened my half marathon time by 17 mins from my first to third race. Would like to be excellent at a sport, but at 29 just want to improve where I can and enjoy it more. Wowed myself targets when playing 7 aside as it makes me concentrate better on the game.

I forgot to mention sports. In my MMA I'm very ambitious, im trying really hard of late even tapped the best guy in our gym today by fluke (plus he just he a pro fight on Saturday) and he will tap me every other session. Even got in the ring for a spar.

I love to drive and push myself in sports.

• Paid Members

I think most of my ambition has been sucked out of me. There's still so many things that I really want to do, but the last two years of repeated unemployment and being fucked around left right and center has made me crave little more than somewhere to live and a TV.

I am starting to get the cravings for playing in a band again though, and I'd really like to get back into proper shape as I had a brilliant training session the other week (with Mad Man Manson, of all people) and that made me realise how much I miss wrestling every week.

I used to be but never knew what to do, just knew that i wanted to be rich.

Now whilst i do want progession at work and i am trying for it my main ambition is to have a few kids and be a househusband.

I'd rather spend my life without much money but around the people i love than having loads of money but nowhere near enough free time to spend it.

Archived