Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

extacy of farts

Premier League 2012/2013 Discussion

Rio's always been a moron who can't keep his gob shut, he never changes. it's a stupid term to be chucking around and he'll receive a pointless fine he'll be able to pay from the pennies in his ashtray.

Isn't it a racist term?

I think it falls into the category marked "if your using it against someone of the same race" it's not racist but if i said it to Micah Richards it would be seen as racist. Just a stupid slang term.

What is and isn't racist is subjective of course, but that doesn't make any sense. Surely it would be most offensive between people of the same race, the whole implication being that the subject of the insult is an impostor.

So, after much to'ing and fro'ing over a West London team to adopt (since I moved to Hammersmith and have no desire to do a two hour commute to watch Cov get shagged by Dagenham and Redbridge) I have finally made a decision.

I live, sort of, in between Chelsea/QPR/Fulham (they are all about 2 miles either way from my house) and for a long time I was drawn to the Cottage and the inoffensive, low rent charm of Fulham. But, I really don't fucking like Hugo Rodallega or Martin Jol. In fact, the one player I do like seems to be leaving so I put that on the back burner. QPR were immediately written off as Hughes is a bell end, Joey Barton's worst and they might be signing Craig Bellamy. Fuck that.

So, today, I chucked myself in the Chelsea deep end (informed by a long-held love for Fernandooooooo), bought a Torres replica shirt and a ticket to the Reading game.

LET'S GET IT ONNNNNN...

I live in Manchester now but I'm fucked if I'm supporting any team up here. Altrincham are the team I look out for now, and Ebbsfleet due to a mate supporting them. Lots of Conference games to see up here.

So, after much to'ing and fro'ing over a West London team to adopt (since I moved to Hammersmith and have no desire to do a two hour commute to watch Cov get shagged by Dagenham and Redbridge) I have finally made a decision.

I live, sort of, in between Chelsea/QPR/Fulham (they are all about 2 miles either way from my house) and for a long time I was drawn to the Cottage and the inoffensive, low rent charm of Fulham. But, I really don't fucking like Hugo Rodallega or Martin Jol. In fact, the one player I do like seems to be leaving so I put that on the back burner. QPR were immediately written off as Hughes is a bell end, Joey Barton's worst and they might be signing Craig Bellamy. Fuck that.

So, today, I chucked myself in the Chelsea deep end (informed by a long-held love for Fernandooooooo), bought a Torres replica shirt and a ticket to the Reading game.

LET'S GET IT ONNNNNN...

No support Fulham you goon! :( Then someone may respond to my Fulham posts in this thread!

I think we'll hold onto Dembele, but Dempsey is def on his way! Hes not on the preseason tour either. I still think we're a pretty loveable team though. Even Danny Murphy is gone now and he was probably our most hated player...

I had no idea we were in for Hugo Rodallega, I still cant fucking believe Reading got Pogrebnyak, jerks.

Oh dear, that does not inspire confidence! Suppose he is on a free isnt he? I expect Frei and Ruiz will have to contribute a whole lot more this season as they'll get more game time.

I'm worried for Fulham, if i'm honest. Missing out on the Pog was bad enough, but replacing him with Rodallega just seems like a downward trend.

Ruiz doesn't look suited to this league, Duff and Riise are leggy down the left and Etuhu/Diarra/Sidwell don't inspire confidence across the middle. The number of free transfers you've got in, plus Jol (when asked about more captures) talking about getting loans in instead of permanents suggests that the finances aren't great right now.

I think maybe a 15th/16th place finish is in your future, unfortunately.

Fulham got Petric as well, didn't they? I think they'll have enough goals in the team to do reasonably well, especially now I'm not sure Dempsey will be leaving in this window.

Hasn't Dempsey been left off their tour to Switzerland?

I'd have thought that would have been to give his agent a chance to secure him a move to Liverpool or someone like that.

The official excuse is that it's to let him recover his fitness. I don't know, the move to Liverpool seems to have gone quiet for me (at least I hope it has, he's in my fantasy football team on the proviso he stays at Fulham).