Sign in to follow this  
extacy of farts

Premier League 2012/2013 Discussion

By the same token (hehe), the CPS didn't charge Suarez so he shouldn't have been charged by the FA?

I imagine JT and Anton Ferdinand will both face charges of bringing the game into disrepute for stuff they've admitted to saying during the trial, Anton should be punished for the elbow as well. I don't see how the FA could get away charging Terry with anything racial after he's been found not guilty in court.

It technically shouldn't matter as many people have been found guilty in civil courts despite being found not guilty in a criminal court. Criminal Courts have to find somebody guilty on the basis that there is no other logical explantion based on evidence where as other courts or proceedings can work on probability, such as the Suarez case.

Must we go through all this again...you'll wake up the Liver Birds Ultimo :(

On a related note, I haven't seen the whole 'Choc Ice' ordeal in any of the football threads on here. Silly move by Rio?

It'll come up again just before the game at anfield in september as well.

Rio's always been a moron who can't keep his gob shut, he never changes. it's a stupid term to be chucking around and he'll receive a pointless fine he'll be able to pay from the pennies in his ashtray.

What we've been reminded of on Twitter this week is not so much that plenty of them are racists, but between the tweets of Rio and this gem from "Wazza" - "Ash cole your to funny!" (sic) - simply that they are all insufferable morons.

Not that we needed reminding, mind. Rio really is cringeworthy on Twitter. Clubs need to start laying down better groundrules if their players are to use it. Banning Twitter from them is a bit extreme and takes away one of the few connections they have to the 'outside world', but fucking hell a bit of etiquette wouldn't go a miss. Rio in particular has come out with some right shit over the years, then you have Barton.

More of Michael Owen talking about his favourite wrestlers from the 80s, please.

How dangerous are Chelsea going to be next season? They've already made some cracking signings, and now are looking at Oscar, Willien and even Hulk. Too much or just right to be serious contenders?

Last I heard about Hulk was that he wasn't looking to leave Porto any time soon. Willian would only be a squad player for them, and I rate Douglas Costa as a better player than him, haven't seen too much of Oscar, but in general they do look a lot more exciting on paper than this past season. I'd have a thought a new right back would be their top priority though. I remain unconvinced as to whether they will gel well though, I was jealous of them picking up Marin, he's a great player on his day.

Rio's always been a moron who can't keep his gob shut, he never changes. it's a stupid term to be chucking around and he'll receive a pointless fine he'll be able to pay from the pennies in his ashtray.

Isn't it a racist term?

Last I heard about Hulk was that he wasn't looking to leave Porto any time soon. Willian would only be a squad player for them, and I rate Douglas Costa as a better player than him

Yes, I was really surprised that they had bid as much as

Isn't it a racist term?

I've heard arguments that it comes down to context. Which is bullshit. It's clearly a racist term regardless of Rio's skin colour.

He is effectively accusing Cole of being a race-traitor by using the stupidest possible terms.

Is this the place for the Fantasy Footie discussion too or is there a separate thread this season?

Isn't it a racist term?

I think it falls into the category marked "if your using it against someone of the same race" it's not racist but if i said it to Micah Richards it would be seen as racist. Just a stupid slang term.