Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

extacy of farts

Premier League 2012/2013 Discussion

Rick's right, there's no way he was going to be proven guilty based on what we've heard this week- nothing conclusive whatsoever. No proof of the context in which he said what he said, and I was surprised to hear Anton didn't even hear it in the first place. What a mockery of a sham.

So, Terry to sue Anton for defamation?

As far as I can tell, both Terry and Suarez's defences were based around taking their word on the context of a racist remark. As far as the verdict goes, I think I'll subscribe to the approach that, if you can't say anything that doesn't have the potential to be taken as defamatory, don't say anything at all.

Presumably the FA can reinstate him as England captain now?

And Fabio can lord it over them too?

Nobody at the FA is even fit to lick Don Fabio

Rick's right, there's no way he was going to be proven guilty based on what we've heard this week- nothing conclusive whatsoever. No proof of the context in which he said what he said, and I was surprised to hear Anton didn't even hear it in the first place. What a mockery of a sham.

So, Terry to sue Anton for defamation?

Its nothing to do with Anton, he didnt report it and he was only there as he was called as a witness.

My opinion on this case is the same as Harry Redknapp getting off, there was evidence he did it but there was also sufficient doubt too. Somebody caught like Terry on a Saturday night out at kicking out time would have been found guilty within 45 minutes, however with the attention on the case and the calibre of lawyer Terry can afford he stood a very good chance. His defence this week was very good although I find it strange that I saw no mention of testaments from the off duty police officer that reported it, anybody in Loftus Road except for players and nothing from Chris Foy, who Terry claims heard the whole thing, very odd stuff.

Ah, of course it was the policeman who reported it wasn't it. I smell a lawsuit directed at his way from Terry.

Terry would be better off leaving it now, wouldn't he? There was no doubt in the judge's mind that Terry said those words, what they couldn't prove was the context. If someone has seen Terry on TV say those words, there isn't anything to sue over, is there?

Ah, of course it was the policeman who reported it wasn't it. I smell a lawsuit directed at his way from Terry.

Again, theres no case, it was deemed that there was a case to be answered and it was. You dont see every not guilty verdict being followed by lawsuits.

There's a new manager so he could say he wants Gerrard as captain, nothing to stop him being vice captain and taking the armband if Gerrard is missing. He is the logical choice with the most experience.

And Fabio can lord it over them too?

He wanted an out and has took the Ruyssia job today.

I think in order to sue for defamation of character, you actually have to have some character in the first place.

Brilliant!

After John Terry's attempt to take his "Biggest Cunt in The Premiership award" from him Luis Suarez has decided to make sure we all know he's still the champ by reopening Evra-gate

Link

Bullet points

* United are the political power in English football.

* The Old Trafford club contrived to get him banned.

* It was Evra's fault that the pair didn't subsequently shake hands.

* That the handshake issue was a second conspiracy against him by United.

* He and his wife were reduced to tears by the ordeal.

* Even United fans offered him support.

The rest in the form of a GIF

tumblr_m7apwejJK21rbrmx6o5_250.gif

Must we go through all this again...you'll wake up the Liver Birds Ultimo :(

On a related note, I haven't seen the whole 'Choc Ice' ordeal in any of the football threads on here. Silly move by Rio?

I cringed when I saw the back page of the Mirror this morning, just get over it Luis for Christ's sake, can't see the owners being happy about it, funnily enough my mate mentioned last week that he thought it was more likely for Suarez to go this summer than Carroll, wouldn't surprise me if he carries on dredging shite up that the owners REALLY don't want bringing up

I haven't seen the whole 'Choc Ice' ordeal in any of the football threads on here. Silly move by Rio?

A stupid move by Rio.

John Amaechi Former NBA basketball player, psychologist and educator

"It is the idea that a black person is black only in skin colour but inside they are really white. It's a highly derogatory term. It's a dangerous term because it allows black boys especially but black people in general, to believe that there is a way of being black that is somehow distinct from being white. There are people that think if you don't wear a certain type of clothing or listen to a certain type of music you're not really black. It's a really dangerous thing. There are black boys who do less well in school because they believe by doing well there, they are acting white. To me, this is devastating for black boys and black people everywhere. It's a deeply offensive term with racial connotations.

The worst thing about it is the fact he's not backing down and even claiming it's not a racist term! Pfff come on Rio, it doesn't mean 'somebody that is fake'. It's clearly obvious what it means. Urban Dictionary also confirms this. He does have a tendency to do stupid shit sometimes.

Ashley Cole is basically to John Terry what Tokyo Sexwale was to Sepp Blatter and Ming the Merciless was to Father Ted, though.