Hasbros

AshC

Agree you can't really replace anyone from series 1 for Haku. It obviously has to do with timing. Like Ricky steamboat in his full dragon garb got one and he didn't even wear that shit for very long before he pissed off to WCW. Nailz and Ludvig Borga had what? 6 month runs? And they both nabbed a hasbro. Can't say I ever missed or had a need for Haku when I was a kid playing with them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Singles

Hulk Hogan with Hulkster Hug!

The Ultimate Warrior with Ultimate Slam! (white tights)

Honky Tonk Man with Rattle and Roll! (with guitar)

Dusty Rhodes with Dust Buster!

Rowdy Roddy Piper with Piper Punch!

Jimmy Snuka with Superfly Slam!

"Macho King" Randy Savage with Macho Masher! (with crown and sceptor) ("Macho King" on the back of tights)

Hacksaw Jim Duggan with Hack Attack! (with 2x4)

Ted DiBiase with Million Dollar Stomp! (Green Tux; with Million Dollar Belt)"

I was thinking Bravo should of been pencilled in for the second 1991 series in addition to Barbarian as that was the kinda based from 1990 set.

I see no reason to can anybody either from the released set.

• Paid Members

The Neidhart stuff makes sense. It sounded like they were always on and off about splitting him and Bret up back then so that's most likely why.

I wish we'd got the Powers of Pain, they would have looked the business. Always preferred that look for the Barbarian aswell. Demolition made more sense to make the series though.

A King Kong Bundy would have been ace. Surprised they didn't do one of Lawler around the time of the feud with Bret.

Didn't all the Hasbro tag teams come out in 1991? The Hart Foundation would have been done and dusted by the time Luke and Butch hit the shelves.

The first three came out in 1991 (Rockers, Bushwhackers, Demolition) and the LOD and Nasty Boys came out in '92. Although my memory of them is a bit different. I recall them all coming out at the same time but without Demolition. I think that's just to do with me being a child though and mixing the timeframe up in my head, and probably not wanting Demolition because they were gone by the time I started watching it.

• Paid Members
Okay, this is very much a Sunday night/half-time in the football thread, but it seems strange that there was no Haku figure in the Hasbro range - he was certainly around long enough and prominent enough a character to warrant one. Anyone else that falls into this category? And reasons why would be interesting, if anyone has any.

Yeah; Haku & Hercules always stood out to me as the main missing Hasbros. And Bad News Brown!

Its really only The Barbarian, Dino Bravo and Hercules who were around for most of the Hasbro run who never got a figure. The Barbarian and Dino Bravo also never got an LJN release despite both being around during the time of that run too. Its a shame the Hasbro line never continued, it was definitely one of the best, and after the rumoured Orange card series that has already been discussed on here (Jarrett etc.) it would've been great to see it continue with the likes of Skip, Hakushi, Henry Godwinn, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and others who were around at that time.

There's the Heenan Family:

601253_3303559913519_1524282563_n.jpg

But no Brooklyn Brawler!!!

Archived