Adam619

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

KIND OF UFC 148 spoilers below!

bump this...

This show has been hiding behind 148, so now it's a good time to bring it up (6 fight main card too).

Decent little main card, the main event has more meaning now considering we're looking to solidify a new challenger at 185. I'd put Munioz and Weidman a step behind a few guys at 185 but a big performance here might see one of these leapfrog other guys, it's a important fight.

Like everyone else, gotta be excited for Te Huna/Beltran. Both iron chinned brawlers, that thing's gonna be crazy.

Really up for Dillashaw/Lee and Njokuani/Dos Anjos too. Now UFC 148 is said and done, i'm pretty confident to say that fight-wise this thing is gonna be the superior show.

• Paid Members

really? i missed that.I just read that if Munoz wins he's going to call out Silva, i'm not sure there's a great deal of fans that'll wanna see that fight but Munoz is a guy i could see causing Silva problems (Munoz is a guy i'd pick over Chael Sonnen too). Thursday's going to be pretty interesting.

• Paid Members

Yeah it started after Munoz beat Leben. Munoz did what had to be the most respectful, 'walking on eggshells'-like callout I've ever heard in his post fight interview and Anderson still took offence to it.I'm a huge Anderson Silva fan but fuck me, he can't half be a big drama queen. I totally got why Chael pissed him off but his outburst against Maia, his brief fallout with Wand for dropping to MW and this getting arsey with Munoz for wanting a title shot are all such over reactions in proportion to the 'crime'. Anderson is without a doubt the greatest fighter in MMA history, he might also be the most easily offended fighter in MMA history.

Anderson is without a doubt the greatest fighter in MMA history, he might also be the most easily offended fighter in MMA history.

I'd say Ken Shamrock still holds that particular title.

Ha Ha. I can still picture Tito pushing Ken's buttons on TUF3 whilst Big Dan the Nutritionist and Dean Lister hold him back.

• Paid Members
Anderson is without a doubt the greatest fighter in MMA history, he might also be the most easily offended fighter in MMA history.

I'd say Ken Shamrock still holds that particular title.

Ha Ha. I can still picture Tito pushing Ken's buttons on TUF3 whilst Big Dan the Nutritionist and Dean Lister hold him back.

:laugh: Okay I stand corrected Dave. Forgot Kenneth.

I loved that TUF3 bit, it was so fucking childish but I couldn't stop laughing;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MeIWVmDN7I

"Bitch monkey....shut up MONKEY.....I'll smash your little head"

And I've posted this a few times before but sod it, Matt Serra's impression of TUF 3 Shamrock and 'Eat Steak' Dan...

• Paid Members

Haha, Shamrock is a big ol' boob for sure.

Never really commented on the card itself but it looks like a good one on paper. Munoz vs Weidman is an interesting fight, similar strengths and all. I'd favour Munoz though, he's been fighting top level opposition for a while now and I'd give him the edge in power. Especially if he gets on top.

Te Huna vs Beltran should be a barnburner. Really like both guys, it's like Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson was for me, I don't really care who wins but I'm looking forward to it big time.

Dos Anjos vs Njokuani could be a sleeper. Njokuani's got some of the slickest stand up at 155 and Dos Anjos is a really solid all rounder. A seriously good grappling game and some really underrated striking. Could be a great fight this.

And Dillashaw vs Lee is an interesting one. Dillashaw's got a big advantage in the wrestling and packs some good power. But I'd say Vaughan Lee's got the better overall striking and his BJJ is excellent. It won't come as a surprise that I'm rooting for the fellow Brummie here.

Two prelims that stand out for me. Firstly, Damacio Page vs Bruce Leeroy which could be a hell of a fight. Caceres has had a few crackers on the prelims the last year or so, with the Figueroa and Hettes fights standing out. And you know what you're getting with Page, come forward aggression non stop.

Also, I'm interested to see Issei Tamura again. Assuncao's a tough experienced guy so it will be a stern test. But I liked what I saw of Tamura in his debut. For anyone that doesn't remember....

tiequan.gif

Now, the difference here is this fight isn't gonna be in Japan. We've seen how the Japanese fighters seem to look much better on home turf without the travel and stuff. So Tamura could shit it up here, especially given the threat of Assuncao's grappling. But I'm excited to see what Tamura can do.

Good bunch of fights here.

• Paid Members

Main Card:

Mark Munoz (186) vs. Chris Weidman (186)

Joey Beltran (205) vs. James Te Huna (205)

Kenny Robertson (170) vs. Aaron Simpson (171)

Francis Carmont (186) vs. Karlos Vemola (186)

T.J. Dillashaw (136) vs. Vaughan Lee (135)

Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Anthony Njokuani (156)

Preliminary Card:

Alex Caceres (136) vs. Damacio Page (136)

Chris Cariaso (125) vs. Josh Ferguson (125)

Andrew Craig (185) vs. Rafael Natal (186)

Marcelo Guimaraes (171) vs. Dan Stittgen (170)

Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Issei Tamura (135)

Archived