Create a new match/PPV/Title concept

ShortOrderCook

Survivor Series - Basically add Bragging Rights to Survivor Series in the form of a Torneo Cibernetico. For those who don't know, Torneo Ciberneticos are 8 vs. 8 elimination tags where there is only one survivor. If a team is left with more than one survivor, it instantly turns into every man for himself with the last guy left becoming the winner. I would have the winner recieve a title shot for their respective brand at the Rumble. Chuck in a WarGames main event and watch this place explode

I'm not sure the WWE would give a cibernetico enough time. I'm by no means someone who knocks the WWE but I really wouldn't want to see what they do with that type of match.

A Wrestling version of the Ryder Cup. WCW sort of did it at Starrcade 1995 with team WCW Vs Nw Japan but I would have a full on team USA Vs The rest of the World.

The Ryder Cup can gather some fantastic heat in GOLF, imagine a Wrestling version? Say a 7 match series on PPV, they can have multi man matches, for the odd match to get a few more guys on the card.

Babyfaces & Heels cheering each other on, every match meaning something.

The WWE has never had this much International talent on their roster, so it wouldn't be hard to fill out the card, it would certainly be more preferable than Bragging Rights currently is.

Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Christian, Antonio Cesaro, The Great Khali & Primo & Epico Vs John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The Big Show, The Miz, Darren Young & Titus O'Neal.

That took me 2 minutes looking at the WWE roster page, there is loads more guys they could put on such a show on either side.

• Paid Members
Anyway, the idea was that at one PPV (a B level show) there is a multi-man match or tournament, battle royal, whatever and the prize for the winner was that they book the next big A show, they have the power, they book the matches, etc. Only they can't book themselves in a match.

I like that idea, I did basically the same in my fed except the right to book the PPV was simply obtained by the wrestler in question pinning the "Commissioner" (I wrote this in 1999, I would estimate) on the previous PPV, and they were allowed to book their own match. And fuck me ragged, the wrestler I wrote to do this was myself. But as a hatel heel, on the night I was outsmarted by the babyfaces and nearly nothing went according to my diabolical plan.

My own naive idea for a new gimmick match, which was really just a combination of two past/existing ideas, was also born in my fantasy fed back in my youth, War In A Cell.

A Wrestling version of the Ryder Cup. WCW sort of did it at Starrcade 1995 with team WCW Vs Nw Japan but I would have a full on team USA Vs The rest of the World.

The Ryder Cup can gather some fantastic heat in GOLF, imagine a Wrestling version? Say a 7 match series on PPV, they can have multi man matches, for the odd match to get a few more guys on the card.

TNA did roughly this idea in various guises as the X Division Cup, yielding some decent matches largely ruined by the Asylum/Impact Zone mutants not knowing/caring who certain Canadians/Mexicans/Chinese were.

Babyfaces & Heels cheering each other on, every match meaning something.

The WWE has never had this much International talent on their roster, so it wouldn't be hard to fill out the card, it would certainly be more preferable than Bragging Rights currently is.

Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Christian, Antonio Cesaro, The Great Khali & Primo & Epico Vs John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The Big Show, The Miz, Darren Young & Titus O'Neal.

That took me 2 minutes looking at the WWE roster page, there is loads more guys they could put on such a show on either side.

Does anyone remember the WCW vs. nWo mode in World Tour, I think, for the N64? Basically, it worked like the team battles in Tekken, basically 1 vs. 1 with winner stays on, going through each 7 members until one full team was eliminated. I think that would be great to see at an event and could really work for this.

• Paid Members

I would love there to be a variant of King of The Ring, but for Tag Teams.

Seeing as Vince's cock is getting a little stiffer with Tag Wrestling as of late I think it would work.

1st Raw after PPV, announce it and it's concepts have four groups of four teams, made up of current teams and languishing mid/lowers carders that need ANY sort of TV time at all, over the course of RAW's and SD's over the course of the month, have them all compete in tag matches to score points for wins as well the possibility of a gimmick match involving all four teams in a group on one RAW or SD depending.

Top teams go through.

Semi's occur on PPV

Final is the joint main of the PPV also.

It'd give people a vested interest in Tag Teams, as well as maybe a put together team that go through to the semi's, that maybe implode leading to a feud the next month to lead them into an IC shot or US Title shot.

I'd personally put a MegaPowers type team together and through to the final, and have them lose against an up and coming tag team, for instance:

AW has Primo and Epico entered, they fail miserably in their group, he's not happy.

O'Neill and Darren Young get through to the final against Orton and Cena, AW run down aids the Young/O'Neill victory and gets them the belts. Orton is furious with Cena's dullardness at letting AW distract him (or whatever!) and he turns heel on Cena, leading to a good singles feud too.

Here you have an up and coming tag team that means something and has credibility as champions, as well as a more meaningful and credible title, and a number of feuds stemming off from the overall competition.

All good arc developers for a number of folks from lower card to upper card ... for a monthly effort, job done.

• Paid Members
Does anyone remember the WCW vs. nWo mode in World Tour, I think, for the N64? Basically, it worked like the team battles in Tekken, basically 1 vs. 1 with winner stays on, going through each 7 members until one full team was eliminated. I think that would be great to see at an event and could really work for this.

There was a similar mode in WcW vs The World for the PS, and IIRC the fatigue remained for the wrestler that had previously wrestled, which was a nice touch.

An idea I had was a combination of the TV title & the Money in the Bank.

Basically, a title defended every week on TV like TNA's TV title.

After 5 defenses, the titlist can choose to cash it in the next week on TV in exchange for a World Title shot. The next week is already part booked with a World Title Match & a battle royale (say) for the new champion.

If they choose not to, they have to defend it again. Lose and they lose the TV Title & the World Title shot, the new champion starts again from 0 Defenses.

In 2005 I thought of a cage match with a roof where there was a hole in the middle of the roof, and to win you had to climb out of it. I thought it would be an cool match especially for TNA to combine the ultimate x and cage. I called it the Golgotha or something lame like that. A few years later, TNA unveil the steel asylum match. Should have put a patent on it.

Growing up I always thought extending pin counts to five in certain matches would be cool. Pretty much as a way of advertising the fact the two wrestlers will be putting on a long exciting match. It would have loads of possible stories to tell, like favouring submission guys because they don't have to do anything extra to win. You could have a face pin the heel clean for a four counts to protect him in defeat etc etc

I've always liked the idea of a 5 count match too, but I think it would be executed really badly. It'd have to go the length of a normal match, with several 2 counts, before a normal match ending 3 count could even be reached. Then the 4 counts/kickouts would come into it. You couldn't just start with 4 count near falls. Considering most people kick out of finishers at 2, there would have to be some serious beatings dished out before 5 could be reached. I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking this one.

Edit - On the other hand, it could seriously put over someones finish, if they could hit it and it gets them the instant 5 count. So long as the move puts people away every time after this match. Tough one to book I think.

• Paid Members
In 2005 I thought of a cage match with a roof where there was a hole in the middle of the roof, and to win you had to climb out of it. I thought it would be an cool match especially for TNA to combine the ultimate x and cage. I called it the Golgotha or something lame like that. A few years later, TNA unveil the steel asylum match. Should have put a patent on it.

• Paid Members
Growing up I always thought extending pin counts to five in certain matches would be cool. Pretty much as a way of advertising the fact the two wrestlers will be putting on a long exciting match. It would have loads of possible stories to tell, like favouring submission guys because they don't have to do anything extra to win. You could have a face pin the heel clean for a four counts to protect him in defeat etc etc

I've always liked the idea of a 5 count match too, but I think it would be executed really badly. It'd have to go the length of a normal match, with several 2 counts, before a normal match ending 3 count could even be reached. Then the 4 counts/kickouts would come into it. You couldn't just start with 4 count near falls. Considering most people kick out of finishers at 2, there would have to be some serious beatings dished out before 5 could be reached. I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking this one.

Edit - On the other hand, it could seriously put over someones finish, if they could hit it and it gets them the instant 5 count. So long as the move puts people away every time after this match. Tough one to book I think.

I've been thinking the 5 count finish would be a great addition to Ryback's repetoir.

The one match idea which I really liked was:

Scaffold Ladder Match:

8 cruiserweights fight over two rings surrounded by a two storey scaffold structure. On both storeys, there is a bridging platform across the middle, with the top one having the belt suspended above it and some ladders. You could have weapons on the scaffold walls, with cameras through the corridors and ladders linking the first storey to the second storey. Alright, so it's probably a massive health and safety risk and would be shite to watch for the live audience, but I stand by it.

• Paid Members

Love Stantons FA Cup idea, I love a good, big tourney or one that encompasses the entire show. Like Deadly Game or The Mayhem tourneys for the big belts. Also love a tag tournament and TDKs idea above is EXACTLY a concept I used on EWR as a vehicle for angles and storylines leading into my biggest show of the year. A company wide tournament to determine the #1 contenders for the Tag belts at the big show (the tag titles were in a big deal in my fed) and featured everyone in the company except the current tag champs and the company champ. Followed exactly the same format as Teedys in that it was more of a champions league style format and spanned a few months, with the semis being a big deal on PPV and the final itself (featuring 3 teams) on the big show itself. But the tournament itself spawned many angles and issues leading into the big show. So, yeah would love that idea to be implemented too.

Back on Archs FA Cup though, that would be a brilliant tool to establish Ryback, most definitely.

Extreme Rules and Over The Limit - Granted, this year it's less defined, but in years previous it was promoted like "Extreme Rules is where the rules go out the window. Over The Limit is where the rules go MORE out of the window".

No it wasn't.

For those who don't know, Torneo Ciberneticos are 8 vs. 8 elimination tags where there is only one survivor. If a team is left with more than one survivor, it instantly turns into every man for himself with the last guy left becoming the winner. I would have the winner recieve a title shot for their respective brand at the Rumble.

I think your PPV-combo ideas are terrible, but I like the idea of this match in particular. It would've made the Bragging Rights matches make a lot more sense, as the "we were raping each other's wives and swinging hammers at each other a month ago, but now we're best mates because I hate blue ropes" element always made them seem stupid to me. Of course, we're at the stage now where there isn't enough brand separation to do a Bragging Rights match anyway.

There was a similar mode in WcW vs The World for the PS, and IIRC the fatigue remained for the wrestler that had previously wrestled, which was a nice touch.

Thats the way the Shockwave Gauntlet match works at Futureshock Wrestling, isn't it?

Archived