EVE: SPECIAL EDITION 14/07/12 Suffolk

DannRead

Pro-Wrestling:EVE returns with a ‘Special Edition’ live at The Delphi Centre, Sudbury, Suffolk on Saturday July 14th, 2012!

Pro-Wrestling:EVE presents

"Special Edition"

The Delphi Centre

Alexandra Road, CO10 2RR

Sudbury, Suffolk.

Doors Open 18:30

First Bell 19:00

Tickets available from www.EVEwrestling.com

From EVE twitter yesterday:

"Lucha Britannia Guest Match: Leon Britannico Vs Santaria Vs Bengal Tiger! LUCHA LUCHA LUCHA! #SpecialEdition #July14 #Sudbury"

"2nd Guest Match for EVE #SpecialEdition is from the Scottish Wrestling Alliance and see's Damian O'Connor battle Mark Anthony! #July14"

No other matches have been announced. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I can see at least 5 womens matches, 2 announced guys and at least one more mens match.

Shame that you thought putting on guys matches could attract a different fanbase.... And then not bother to announce any of those matches until 9 days ago and still have no buzz or interest in your show one day before it takes place.

I can see why the rumours about EVE being in financial trouble are being circulated.

So what is the actual line up of this show?

EVE Title Match

Alpha Female © Vs Aeyesa Ray (Formally Amazon)

TNA's Winter/Kat Waters Vs Nikki Storm

Blue Nikita vs Jenny Sjodin

Twins Vs Twins

The Blossom Twins Vs The Owen Twins

Rhia O'Reilly Vs Kirsty Love

then guest matches from:

Lucha Britannia:

Leon Britannico Vs Santaria Vs Bengal Tiger!

Scottish Wrestling Alliance

Damian O'Connor Vs Mark Anthony

I saw Spud on the advert in the Sudbury local newspaper, so not sure if he's the on the 3rd guest match. Darkside/James Scott is also attending. There are supposed to be other surprises at the show.

I can see at least 5 womens matches, 2 announced guys and at least one more mens match.

Shame that you thought putting on guys matches could attract a different fanbase.... And then not bother to announce any of those matches until 9 days ago and still have no buzz or interest in your show one day before it takes place.

I can see why the rumours about EVE being in financial trouble are being circulated.

The thing that nobody ever thinks about (understandably though) is that indie companies are usually run by one person. Should anything unusual and unexpected in that persons life suddenly come up (say, oh I dunno, miscarriage, family death etc, ) I dunno about you but personally my priorities change therefore posting on forums goes down my list (I have updated our twitter and facebook). Ultimately it will be me who suffers if this show or any show that fails and while I could have chosen to cancel the show and make my life easy I instead chose to employ a local advertising and promotions team to do the main work and focus on local advertising and local people rather than doing both that and putting the hours in that the online community takes by myself.

The" EVE in financial trouble" rubbish was taken because I changed business tactics for this show. When the income was going to be reduced without the iPPV that was originally planned and the inability due to late awareness to double the show up as weekender Lee and/or Stew from Ringbelles decided to draw their own conclusions and publish such (rather than actually just contacting me and asking for clarification but that's something they don't like to do any more after our last iPPV was sponsored by and broadcasted on Diva-Dirt.com) when all I was saying was we were bringing the cost of the show down while opening it up to a larger audience and to do otherwise without the benefit of iPPV or do a double shot would be foolish. Would I have have preferred to have been able to spend more time doing this - of course and I do appreciate your points don't take this reply as meaning otherwise), but sometimes when shit occurs and you're forced to make sacrifices that's the way life goes and if I'm forced to choose between local advertising and online advertising - local advertising will win every single time.

Additionally our advance for this show is actually higher than that of our iPPV in February and while it's easy to say that means we're going to do better it doesn't really mean that because where as we had a great walk up in Feb we may not get that tomorrow - but then we may get a better walk up, who knows?!?

The thing that nobody ever thinks about (understandably though) is that indie companies are usually run by one person. Should anything unusual and unexpected in that persons life suddenly come up (say, oh I dunno, miscarriage, family death etc, ) I dunno about you but personally my priorities change therefore posting on forums goes down my list (I have updated our twitter and facebook). Ultimately it will be me who suffers if this show or any show that fails and while I could have chosen to cancel the show and make my life easy I instead chose to employ a local advertising and promotions team to do the main work and focus on local advertising and local people rather than doing both that and putting the hours in that the online community takes by myself.

The" EVE in financial trouble" rubbish was taken because I changed business tactics for this show. When the income was going to be reduced without the iPPV that was originally planned and the inability due to late awareness to double the show up as weekender Lee and/or Stew from Ringbelles decided to draw their own conclusions and publish such (rather than actually just contacting me and asking for clarification but that's something they don't like to do any more after our last iPPV was sponsored by and broadcasted on Diva-Dirt.com) when all I was saying was we were bringing the cost of the show down while opening it up to a larger audience and to do otherwise without the benefit of iPPV or do a double shot would be foolish. Would I have have preferred to have been able to spend more time doing this - of course and I do appreciate your points don't take this reply as meaning otherwise), but sometimes when shit occurs and you're forced to make sacrifices that's the way life goes and if I'm forced to choose between local advertising and online advertising - local advertising will win every single time.

Additionally our advance for this show is actually higher than that of our iPPV in February and while it's easy to say that means we're going to do better it doesn't really mean that because where as we had a great walk up in Feb we may not get that tomorrow - but then we may get a better walk up, who knows?!?

Fabulous.

So what is the actual card? I don't want to read walls of texts.

Archived