Welsh Wrestling on BBC Breakfast

Ravenhill Promotions

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two thoughts -

1) Surely the deal with the Bodyzorb was putting over that in a normal wrestling match the presenter would have been killed, which to me shows a certain respect.

2) Interesting to see people jump all over this when getting comments on the Lembit thing was like getting blood from a stone. Perhaps as there was nothing to criticise, and few were keen to pat a so-called "foam finger promotion" on the back for doing a better reality angle than the reality-obsessed ones do.

Why would I comment on the Lembit Opik thing if I haven't seen it? I saw the piece on BBC live this morning and then saw this thread and decided to post my views, which were that I didn't like it. I'm actually one of the only critics so far so I don't know where you get the idea that people are 'jumping all over it'?

Didn't 'The One Show' do something with Joe Pasquale wrestling Ashley Steel (Jules Lambrini)?

He did a referee thing in a match with Mike Mendoza and Jon Ritchie - can't remember if it was The One Show though. Don't know if that's what you are thinking of either.

That was a good segment, I thought. I don't see why people are complaining about the skinny trainees, when the reason they were on there was to show that young kids were learning the craft still - so naturally they're young and skinny!

The bodyzorb thing was hilarious.

As for it mocking wrestling, the only reason I knew it was aired this morning was because several mates of mine who don't like wrestling, called me to tell me about it

The Promoter's Curse.

Haha! In my case it is actually genuine. In fact, I still haven't seen it. My office is based on a French factory's site, and all the servers are French based which the BBC iplayer doesn't like, they think i'm in France when I try to view it, so won't allow me to play it.

Just to speak up for one of the "skinny trainees", his name is Sean Morel, he trains at All-Star and XWA, and he's a fantastic prospect. He does need to improve his build, he knows this, but he's got a huge amount of talent. Wrestles in the classic British style too but combines solid matwork with agile high flying and he's super dedicated. One to watch.

In a humble journalist's opinion, Welsh Wrestling are doing a great job with getting publicity. Good luck to them.

Archived