IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 14th June 2012 **SPOILERS**

hitman89762000

Just got round to watching this last night. I'd like to thank all on here for recommending giving TNA one more try. I loved TNA back during the Samoa Joe unbeaten run, Jarrett winning all the time everything era however switched off and had given it numerous attempts but was never able to get back into it. However, I gave it one last try based on the reviews on here from the live Impact.

Don't get me wrong I'm not talking as if there's another boom period or anything and there's no guarantees they'll keep this up but I've at least had some enjoyment from a wrestling TV show and it compensates for how shit RAW has been.

Austin Aries is fucking brilliant.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Aries will drop the title. It'll be an utterly shite move for his momentum, but I don't think they can afford him to drop the belt right now. I mean, who else is going to keep the X Division going? Aion? Hernandez? Kash? Keep it on Aries until at least after Destination X. Give him a title match on Impact against Daniels and have him win clean, setting up the big "Old vs. New" main event battle at Destination X for the title against AJ Styles.

Have him defeat Styles and then big up his status as the greatest X Division ever. He's the longest reigning champion by some distance defeated the 3 pillars of the X Division: Styles, Joe and Daniels, and even defended it in an Ultimate X match. Have him drop the title before No Surrender and put him in the main event with Roode. Have BFG headlined by 2 big rematches... Roode vs. Storm and Aries vs. Styles.

• Paid Members

Way I see it, he's got one, last step they can have him take before he starts to lose momentum, and that's taking AJ's scalp while defending the X-title. Both the X-Division and Aries need to be protected here, and what better way to do it than beating a guy who led the division originally, but is now seen as having transcended it to the main event? If it needed to be built up a little, maybe give Aries a TV match where he squashes Jerry Lynn, but anything after that would detract from his momentum.

In fact, I'd say beating AJ is necessary now - Aries needs to be delivered to the main-event, white-hot.

• Paid Members
shamelessley stolen from somwhere else

7PZcD.jpg

Sorry to nit pic, but doesn't that graph imply that the competitors will fight twice?

Nope. You simply put the results of their fights in twice, one for one guy, one for the other. No home/away legs like in football.

shamelessley stolen from somwhere else

7PZcD.jpg

Sorry to nit pic, but doesn't that graph imply that the competitors will fight twice?

Nope. You simply put the results of their fights in twice, one for one guy, one for the other. No home/away legs like in football.

Cheers cb, I realised after I posted. I thought it was like a tick box thing... Then saw the totals... Duh.

Archived