IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 14th June 2012 **SPOILERS**

hitman89762000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering whether El Generico would work in a comedy role in WWE for a bit just because the style is so much safer (even if the schedule is tougher). It is astonishing how much sympathy he can generate while wearing a mask. Has he ever had any big injuries because he has done some insane stuff in the last five years and seems to be consistently booked in various places.

• Paid Members

Unsurprisingly, I'll echo the praise for the show. I stuck this on late last night, as something to dose off too. Unfortunately for my sleeping pattern I ended up becoming engrossed with the show - it seemed to be over in no time too (something that rarely happens with wrestling, these days).

The thing about TNAs current product is it has exposed just how poorly done wrestling has been for a number of years. Both WWE and TNA had their moments during that time, but I think it's been an age since a company has had such a good run of form. For me, TNA was always an easy fix - as I much prefer their roster to WWEs - it just took them long enough to fix the bloody thing. Even their main event finishes are good these days! They're a flit and commentary change away from being great.

Aries and Hogan in the same ring had me trying to fight off a powerful erection. Great back and forth and even better facial hair. Aries mixing it up with the big boys in big matches will probably cause more erectile hulk ups (Styles, Angle, Roode, Hardy, RVD...).

I don't feel too sorry for Chris Sabin, he is the lad that's making Velvet Sky walk funny. Now he can use his dicky knee as an excuse for getting the bottom. Lucky bastard.

The BFG tourney is a great concept and you imagine this creative team will do well by it. Storm is the best (genuinely likeable) babyface to come along since Jeff Hardy's rise in the WWE, a few years ago. He's the type of bloke you can see your mates liking, instead of taking the piss for watching wrestling. His promo was scorching too - it was quickly followed by a quick belter by Roode. These two going back and forth for a few months will be a bit decent.

Devon is my new favourite midcarder. I remember somebody on here typing he's like a D'lo Brown, from 99 - he's there to have solid matches, fill time and make people look great. He's ticking every box.

The ending was very strong. Sting thanking all the fans before three big menacing randoms (with cool masks) come out of nowhere and crack his face paint. I think Ian's on the right track, it'll probably be the Ra Ka King lads. Steiner's always working, brother.

Another great show from TNA. I think putting Ultimate X on TV was a good idea and put another feather in Aries' cap as I can't recall him ever competing in one. The exchange with Hogan was brilliant and I can't say anybody expected Hogan to come out with half of the stuff he said, but then again Hulk has no problem giving out the praise when he's impressed, it reminded me of the way Hogan would praise RVD on a weekly basis in 2010.

I'm pleased to see the return of the BFG series, especially the future encounter between Magnus and Samoa Joe. Robbie E's involvement surprised me and Pope's return was a pleasant surprise, I expected Crimson to be involved in the series considering he was undefeated until last Sunday but I don't really care for the guy so I'm not too bothered. If anything this gives Crimson a reason to develop an aggressive streak and go after the guys involved....or lose to Eric Young, I'm fine with either. Brilliant return for Storm this week too, this is his series and it'll be fun to watch him shine and compete with the likes of RVD and Hardy.

I'm looking forward to the AJ-Dixie reveal next week and since the brilliant tag title match at Slammiversary match, I have a lot more time for the story and want to see where AJ's character will go.

The beatdown on Sting was unexpected and I'll be tuning in to see who they are, good stuff.

• Paid Members

I was always one of those joyless bastards talking about how terrible tna was back when everyone was talking about being good and fun and lots of other untrue things, but it has to be said, the show is fab right now. Bobby Roode looks like the man, James Storm is heading to him at bfg ( and they've streamlined the series so the execution is much better from what I can tell). Although I must admit, devastated that this years bound for glory series isn't about Austin Aries' dream coming true.

Good to see Pope back too. I hope to see him and Magnus in a tag team together to give them something to do on my telly box.

• Paid Members
TNA can just dig into the history of the X division, though. Bring back Jay Lethal, the Playa from the Himalaya, Matt Bentley, Senshi, and you're up and running again.

Urgh.

Is Aries leaving? Pity because that stuff with Hulk on this show was the best thing he's ever done. Hulk mad ehim look like a superstar.

Decent show again, I thought. It does totally smoke Raw at the moment.

I think John Morrison would be perfect for the X Division, he's well under Melina's thumb and I doubt the E want her back and he probably doesn't want to/isn't allowed to go back without her. He's a big name and can have a feud with Aries when he eventually returns to the X division.

I don't know who I want to win the Destination X main event, Bobby Roode has beat all the other main eventers a good few times, so it would be interesting to see him try and get his belt back for a month or two (plus I don't know who Roode will wrestle for the next few months with 12 of the top contenders tied up in the BFG series) but on the other other hand I want Bobby Roode to stay undefeated until he faces Storm at Bound For Glory.

It was completely surreal seeing Hogan putting over Aries so strong. Bloody good job he did though, so fair play. Aries is probably the best and most consistent thing on wrestling telly these days. It was just one of those situations I never imagined I'd see. Shame Aries was too old and short for Tough Enough! Still, TNA's gain.

It was a glorious moment seeing Ken fucking Anderson tapping out clean to the new Beautiful Bobby. Roode needs a few clean wins like that to remain a threat (especially if he continues to fluke through his big PPV defenses), and I'm always happy to see the annoying twat Anderson lie down for someone. They should sack him now.

Overall a great show. The only shit bit was Brooke's hilarious close-up "reaction" shots during her chat with Gail Kim. And obviously her massive, manly face.

• Paid Members

No. This year is a round robin. Last year is what can only be described as a "cunting mess". Last year, there were people in it who had more matches than others. Also, the person with the most points for most of the weeks (Crimson) got 'taken out' by Samoa Joe so he didn't even win it. The final tournament on the PPV last year between Gunner, Bully, Roode and Storm was great, though. The series itself is a great idea that they were just desperate to get to the final four tournament. TNA even said this on twitter. One of their writers responded to a tweet saying they've solved the flaws in last years tourny.

This year, everyone wrestlers everyone else, the same amount of times. Which is great because we are guarenteed to get the likes of Storm vs Joe, Angle vs Hardy, Angle vs Joe and so on.

Poor Robbie E :(

Aye Robbie E will be the whipping boy when ever they need someone to get a few points, see James Storm losing his next few matches though, he's in the lead and it will probably make a better story line if he makes a come back of sorts.

What's the craic with the Pope then? I thought he'd left?

They said he was filming the new Batman movie when he returned, think he's one of Bane's henchmen or some shit. At least he's away from Devon's kids the now though hopefully and he can go backto being his fantastic self.

• Paid Members

If TNA are smart (which given their current run, I'd say they are) they'll probably have duff one-sided matches like Robbie E vs Kurt Angle on house shows, and save all the big matches for Impact.

Archived