IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 14th June 2012 **SPOILERS**

hitman89762000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

250px-Peter_Falk_Columbo.JPG

Just a hunch like.

The Bound for Glory series isn't predictable either. Storm gets a big return and the head start, everyone else is bound to catch up. If Storm wins I'll be stoked. It's the logical ending for the viewers and characters and more importantly, it's what most want to see.

• Paid Members
wanna them is chris masters

Unless Masters has got his tattoo removed from his left arm, it can't be him.

So no suspens for the BFG Series, +20 points for James Storm, he will win for sure and Roode will keep the title until BFG... so predictable, it sucks.

Bobby Roode winning the belt last year at BFG was predictable as well ... but to the disappointment of everyone he didn't. James Storm winning the title in his hometown of Nashville at Lockdown was predictable as well ... but to the disappointment of everyone he didn't. 9 times out of 10, the thing you expect to happen SHOULD happen, because its the right thing to happen.

That was a great show. Thoroughly enjoyed it and LOVED the unexpected ending with Sting. Roll on next Thursday, which they built up very very well.

A couple of little things:

What was up with that creepy dude in the front row who kept touching himself during the knockouts match? Yuck.

"LionHeart for Gut Check" - dug that sign in the crowd.

EDIT - Just watched the IMPACT post show (

). Fun edition this week. Roode cut a good promo on Aries, and Robbie E and Daniels were their usual entertaining selves as well. Also, the UK's Mark Haskins was on. Apparently, he's looking for a place in the States as he'll be becoming a regular member of the TNA roster soon.

• Paid Members
Bobby Roode winning the belt last year at BFG was predictable as well ... but to the disappointment of everyone he didn't.

Precisely. Predictable isn't a bad thing. Unpredictable isn't a bad thing. Always predictable is a bad thing. Always trying to be unpredictable is a bad thing.

• Paid Members

I never cease to be amazed at just how good Aries has gotten. He really was just an indy blandster in his early days, and it was obvious this was a problem when he was in TNA the first time as Austin Starr - he clearly didn't fit that gimmick.

Roll on a few years, and he's improved ludicrously. He really could be "The Man" in a year or so.

Impact is brilliant at the the moment, everything seems to be clicking into place for it and great seeing The Pope back.

I wouldn't put to much thought on who these guys are right now, it could be a few guys from OVW or something right now and later revealed to be Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner etc.

• Paid Members
Impact is brilliant at the the moment, everything seems to be clicking into place for it and great seeing The Pope back.

I wouldn't put to much thought on who these guys are right now, it could be a few guys from OVW or something right now and later revealed to be Jeff Jarrett & Scott Steiner etc.

Whilst of course you should never say never.......how would they explain that? And by that i mean not one of those guys looks like a the huge fucking tank the Steiner is? According to some dirt sheet sites, it might have something to do with AAA ,but i wouldnt be suprised if its a few of the former WWE guys who had try outs.

As for Pope, I would love to see him back, maybe take the TV title from Devon to re-ignite that fued?

• Paid Members

Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett don't need to be one of those masked men. They aren't employed by TNA in the storyline. Steiner's gone and Jarrett got fired. What they could have done is sent some mercenaries out to attack Sting (who was in charge the last time we saw Steiner and Jarrett on TNA TV). Hulk Hogan was behind the nWo, but it wasn't him doing the beat downs and invading the promotion until a few months after Hall and Nash did all the dirty work. Maybe its not who's doing the attacks, but who is behind these attacks. Maybe everyone who has been wronged by the current TNA regime will return as a group of invaders. Jarrett, Karen, Steiner, Joey Ryan and a bunch of other dudes from Ring Ka King or something.

Just a thought. Maybe the return of (wait for it ...) PLANET JARRETT!!

91b1re2.jpg

Boom period

MMA Jarrett Vs King Mo has to happen first. In fact they should send MMA Jarrett on that MMA Uncensored show that follows Impact on Spike, in full character.

As far as a few WWE guys, Luke Gallows & Trevor Murdoch had a few good matches on Ring Ka King and obviously Mike Knox had a trial the other week.

Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett don't need to be one of those masked men. They aren't employed by TNA in the storyline. Steiner's gone and Jarrett got fired. What they could have done is sent some mercenaries out to attack Sting (who was in charge the last time we saw Steiner and Jarrett on TNA TV). Hulk Hogan was behind the nWo, but it wasn't him doing the beat downs and invading the promotion until a few months after Hall and Nash did all the dirty work. Maybe its not who's doing the attacks, but who is behind these attacks.

Yeah, I agree with that and I think ultimately this is where the story will go, even if only for the reason that TNA's roster is already too stacked as it is and I simply don't see them adding 3 new heavyweight additions to it all at once. Although, I guess, those 3 guys could be used in a short-term role where Sting wrestles them one by one to get to the guy who's behind the attack. I could see that happening but I think the more likely option is the identity of the attackers will never be revealed as it's not an important part of the story. They were simply random henchman that someone hired to attack Sting and ruin his Hall of Fame moment. Obviously, the most logical and obvious choice for the mastermind behind all of this is Jeff Jarrett, especially when you consider the fact that last week Karen Jarrett was going crazy on Twitter and bitching about Jarrett not being the first Hall of Famer while claiming her comments were a "#shoot". Either way though, this was a great cliffhanger to end Impact with and this is a storyline that I'm very interested in seeing develop over the next weeks and months.

Archived