The James Storm vs Bobby Roode Feud

Cobra1000

With a bit more positivity about TNA going around now I thought this would be a good time to bring this up. its got Slammiversary spoilers so if you haven't seen it yet don't read on!

Question. Could this be the best feud TNA has ever had?

So you'd be stupid to not think that Bound For Glory in October will be Bobby Roode vs James Storm for the Title right? Could these two headline it and will it sell? And do you think that TNA were aiming for this all along?

Personally speaking, I've loved it, after the utter devastation of not seeing Roode win the belt at BFG last year his transformation into one of the biggest heels in wrestling has been phenomenal. While Storm has gone a different path, becoming an even bigger face and coming close to beating Roode on several occasions and questioning whether he'd ever wrestle again. Now he's back, defeating the undefeated Crimson surely its all going to kick off again? Roode won BFG Series but couldn't win the Title at BFG, will Storm become the first man to win the BFG Series AND win the title and BFG?

here are some highlights so far

Bobby Roode heads to Bound For Glory To Take on Kurt Angle

After Roodes loss at BFG, he wasn't entitled to a rematch, so James Storm is given the opportunity and wins the World Heavyweight Championship

Bobby Roode ends Beer Money and his friendship and becomes World Heavyweight Champion

Storm gets a rematch however he is assaulted backstage before hand.

Roode vs Storm - LockDown

What are your thoughts on the feud and where it is going?

Double turn.

It probably won't happen, but that's how I want it all to end. Roode starts beating people cleaner than usual and Storm cheats a bit to defeat.....Austin Aries in the Bound For Glory series final to get the shot. You tweak the characters from there enough until the PPV and pull it all off at Bound for Glory with a dirty cheating title victory for Storm who has been sent mad this last year after Roode guts it out to try and retain. Even braver, if they have another year long build for Roode's revenge.

Double turns forever and ever till the end of time.

Who ever is champ at BFG will be facing whoever wins the BFG Series. I dont think that will be Storm. Auries has the BFGS in the bag imo.

Saying that, I'm loving the Beer Money feud. So often are Tag Splits done incorrectly, but this has been awesome. They haven't faced each other a hundred times and everyone wants to see Storm get the win eventually.

• Paid Members
Double turn.

It probably won't happen, but that's how I want it all to end. Roode starts beating people cleaner than usual and Storm cheats a bit to defeat.....Austin Aries in the Bound For Glory series final to get the shot. You tweak the characters from there enough until the PPV and pull it all off at Bound for Glory with a dirty cheating title victory for Storm who has been sent mad this last year after Roode guts it out to try and retain. Even braver, if they have another year long build for Roode's revenge.

Double turns forever and ever till the end of time.

A double turn would do nothing for either of them. Roode's a classic heel in the shape of a Flair or a Bockwinkle. A proper elegant, suit wearing, robe wearing chicken shit superworker. Storm's a comedy heel. He's always been a comedy heel everytime he's played the role. That accent and his outfit is not to be taken seriously, unless he's playing for cheers and the fans see him as the everyman redneck. He's far better as a face and Roode's far better as a heel. As a face he's actually quite bland compared to how he's been since the heel turn. Storm was kicking his arse on promos in the lead up to Bound For Glory last year. I even remember in that thread last year people saying they preferred Storm over Roode. Throughout the year people have taken to him. Messing with their characters after the improvement they've made over the last 12 months would be typical of how TNA used to do things.

Who ever is champ at BFG will be facing whoever wins the BFG Series. I dont think that will be Storm. Auries has the BFGS in the bag imo.

No chance of that happening. Aries isn't going to win. The whole story of the last year has been for Storm to win it. Aries vs Roode would be a good match, but that isn't a Bound for Glory main event. Storm and Roode for the world title is a dead cert and Aries and Styles for the X title is more likely, I'd imagine.

• Paid Members

Is Styles a face or heel at the moment? Could he be heel by BFG? Because I REALLY like the idea of Aries/Styles for the X title underneath Storm/Roode. I've still gotta catch the last 3 matches from Slammiversary but TNA's looking pretty good lately.

• Paid Members

Styles is a face and I imagine that's how he's staying. This whole Dixie/AJ thing will be exposed as Daniels and Kaz shit stirring. As good as Aries is, Styles out performed him the other night. Styles was as good as anyone you'll see on that PPV. Incredible performance by him. I can't imagine how great a Styles/Aries singles match would be at the minute.

• Paid Members

I thought there was some storyline going on with him nobbing Dixie? I might have misheard/misread. Everyone's raving about the tag match, so I'm definitely gonna check it out. I've grown impossibly bored of Styles over the years but I'm open to a turn-around in form from anyone.

Actually, could Aries/Styles face vs face work? It'd be a nice counterpoint to a year-long-build blood feud main event, and having Aries, the new darling of the X division, defending the belt against the division's original poster boy on the biggest show of the year in a match about pure competition is pretty sellable in my book.

Aries still holding the Title at BFG will take away from Roode still holding the title at that point, unless its X Division Champ Vs Heavyweight champ. Both guys at that point will have held their titles for almost a year and I think putting both titles on the line to see who the longest reining champ in TNA is, will be a great match. Aries is on fire at the min and he will be more than ready to face the Heavyweight champ by the time BFG comes around.

I think possibly, rather than a double turn, it might just all culminate in a Roode face turn. If the two of them have a cracking, clean match at BFG, Roode could shake Storm's hand at the end and they embrace, etc.

I don't agree with Ian that Roode's a better heel than face. He's great at both, but I'm sure Hogan's plan all along has been to eventually make Roode a face again, having built him up first as a heel. I thought he was the most compelling, genuine face to have come along in years in the run up to last year's BFG, add to that a dominant championship run and you have a long-term main event face IMO.

Only question would be, who replaces him as top heel? Bully Ray I guess, but someone else would need to turn. Anderson's the obvious one.

I don't agree with Ian that Roode's a better heel than face. He's great at both, but I'm sure Hogan's plan all along has been to eventually make Roode a face again, having built him up first as a heel. I thought he was the most compelling, genuine face to have come along in years in the run up to last year's BFG, add to that a dominant championship run and you have a long-term main event face IMO.

He is much better as a heel. I thought he was bland as a face. I can't think of anything memorable he did leading up to the match with Angle last year. All those vintages were absolutely vanilla.

Archived